Battery life of a LG Revere-3
joe935
Enthusiast - Level 3

My LG revere-3 is 10 months old and I have had to charge the battery twice in 4 days, and the phone has only been in standby mode for those 4 days, No calls made or received.

Should i expect better life for the battery or is it due for replacement?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Battery life of a LG Revere-3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joe935, that low signal can actually be the answer behind your battery life. When the phone is working hard to get a signal it will use the battery at a much faster rate of speed. For example, when in the basement of my home I lose signal or drop to one bar. When I was down there for some cleaning, my battery, that typically lasts about 16 hours, was completely dead in 5 hours with very little, if any use.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Bare with me, I haven't had any coffee yet, but based on my math you get 2 days of standby with each battery. I get 1 day of use with mine and it's very minimal - I think you're doing okay.

I'm not familiar with that phone, but you could look under settings at any battery power saving methods; dim the screen etc.

0 Likes
joe935
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Mii.

There is no battery saver, but i did make some adjustments to screen lighting. But since the phone is usually in standby mode that wont help much. Phone is mainly for emergency use.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

How old is the phone?

2 days isn't bad. I know that manufactures have phone standby times that are always something crazy; 5 days etc. I've never known that to be true.

0 Likes
joe935
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's just 10 months old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joe935, having your phone charged when you need it is crucial. Charging every other day is not uncommon for a more basic type of phone. The screen brightness that you adjusted certainly can assist in adding a bit of life. There are other items that also wear that battery down a bit faster. For example, any text messaging, having the phone on vibrate, or using the camera, can all have an impact on the battery draining at a faster rate of speed.

You indicated that you have had the phone a few months, was this the first that you had to charge twice within 4 days? Were you traveling or did you notice weaker than normal signal at that rime?
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
joe935
Enthusiast - Level 3

At first I was not leaving the phome powered on all the time, It is just recently that the phone is being left on. Where I live i am lucky to get signal strength of 2 bars at times its just 1 bar.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joe935, that low signal can actually be the answer behind your battery life. When the phone is working hard to get a signal it will use the battery at a much faster rate of speed. For example, when in the basement of my home I lose signal or drop to one bar. When I was down there for some cleaning, my battery, that typically lasts about 16 hours, was completely dead in 5 hours with very little, if any use.
LorenB_VZW

0 Likes
joe935
Enthusiast - Level 3

So the phone searches for a signal even when the cover is closed?

0 Likes
joe935
Enthusiast - Level 3

So I guess I will have to go back to my old way of keeping phone powered off, till i need it for emergency.

Thanks Loren, for the info

0 Likes