Basic phone that will work after 12/2019
todd333
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello I am looking to upgrade my current phone that will not be supported at the end of the year. I currently have a LG Csmo 3 with a Qwerty key board I like it. I'm dead seat against paying for any data plan over and above my basic phone plan service.  I do not need data  I'm looking for another phone that has the newer technology that will work past December of this year that has a key board on it. a basic phone I can text with and make/receive with a camera nothing else looking for suggestions please let me know of any phones that meet these basic and simple needs.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Basic phone that will work after 12/2019
boringusername
Master - Level 1

there are no phones like what you want. There are the phones you have to choose from

Basic Phones | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

there are no phones like what you want. There are the phones you have to choose from

Basic Phones | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
todd333
Enthusiast - Level 3

doesn't have to be a current one that Verizon offers even a older phone that has the new technology looking at an extravert 2 it's not on this list .No longer supported LG devices | Verizon Wireless

or xpression 2 which states its gsm technology.

There are plenty of places to buy new old stock phones I really despise buying from Verizon as well I just like their network I never have an issue with service where ever I go that's the only reason I keep them as my provider.

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Older phones are no longer able to be activated (as of July 1) and those that are currently in use will no longer work after December 31.  Phones must support HD Voice to be activated.

CDMA Network Activation Retirement | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

todd333 wrote:

doesn't have to be a current one that Verizon offers even a older phone that has the new technology looking at an extravert 2 it's not on this list .No longer supported LG devices | Verizon Wireless

or xpression 2 which states its gsm technology.

There are plenty of places to buy new old stock phones I really despise buying from Verizon as well I just like their network I never have an issue with service where ever I go that's the only reason I keep them as my provider.

The only basic phones that will work are the ones in the link I posted. You can take my word on that or not but it's the truth.

the xpression 2 does not have LTE neither does the extravert 2. It has to have LTE especially band 13 and support Verizon VoLTE. No non-Verizon basic phones do that. And the only Verizon phones that do are the only one still being sold

todd333
Enthusiast - Level 3

It's not that I didn't take your word for it I'm just looking for a phone with a keyboard that doesn't need data and will still work come the end of the year. I don't need the latest and greatest a older model that is not still sold as "current" deal at the store doesn't seem like a tall request for a manufacture to make a phone with a basic need and a keyboard. I may have to look into a pay as you go plan that has a phone that meets my needs.  thank you for your replies

boringusername
Master - Level 1

What Verizon has on the site is all there is. Verizon doesn't make phones and if phone manufactures don't want to make basic phones with keyboards they won't. heck most don't eve make ANY basic phones anymore. Verizon can request all they want but there is very little demand so no incentive for the manufacturers to make them.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

As boring noted, the market for feature phones/basic phones is such that most manufacturers are not focused all that much on the segment. The only feature phones that will be able to be brought onto the VZW network, and remain active in 2020, are listed in the link. If any new models are added, they, too, will be able to go forward.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

dexman wrote:

As boring noted, the market for feature phones/basic phones is such that most manufacturers are not focused all that much on the segment. The only feature phones that will be able to be brought onto the VZW network, and remain active in 2020, are listed in the link. If any new models are added, they, too, will be able to go forward.

The Kyocera DuraXV LTE is the "newest" phone and that was released 16 months ago. Anyone expecting new models coming are going to be disappointed.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Understood.

I doubt that the number of feature phones on the market will go to "0". Still....even if a new feature phone is released (to replace an existing one)….it will be with no fanfare.

0 Likes