Backup Assistant - I am posting as a new item as this issue is shown as resolved and it is not.
MrFrank
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got my second LG Cosmo 2 phone device and am having the same problem noted by others.  I was told by a customer service rep to take my first phone back to a local store and exchange as the backup assistant problem I am having will be resolved.  Well it did not resolve...read on.  The first time I go to use the phone in the morning Backup Assistant is checking if changes to my directory have occurred.  You have to unlock the phone to let it complete or you hit end to cancel the update.  I have worked with customer service to fix the problem with no success.  We have deleted backup assistant, which apparently re-installs automatically when you access "Apps".  One customer service agent told me to change my schedule from midnight to some other time in the day as sometimes the Verizon systems are not available from midnight to 6 am.  I am totally frustrated with this annoying issue every morning and especially if you are in a hurry to answer or make a call.  Seems to me  the backup assistant application could have a schedule option of "off" or "manual" so that this problem goes away.  Let the phone user determine how they want to manage their directory backups.  I've been in the software business for over 30 years and backup assistant is just poorly designed and it is proven by the numerous complaints similar to mine.  It would be so simple to fix with a software update and stop a lot of wasted time in this forum or unnecessary calls to customer reps.  It anyone has a solution please let me know. Thank you much.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant - I am posting as a new item as this issue is shown as resolved and it is not.
omgu812
Enthusiast - Level 2

I to have this same problem and wish that Verizon would fix it!!!!!!!!!

Beware that if you do not have a Data plan you will be charged even though it is suppose to be free.

Hummm... maybe a Law suit would get better results.

0 Likes
Re: Backup Assistant - I am posting as a new item as this issue is shown as resolved and it is not.
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

Greetings! Having read your submittal, I can certainly see why this issue with Backup Assistant can be a source of aggravation. I would like to offer my feedback and my assistance. Firstly, MrFrank stated that the phone owner should have the option to disable the Backup Assistant application on a basic phone. I agree, MrFrank! For you not to have that option is the exception, not the rule. As for the behavior of the application itself, it sounds to me as if it is failing to synchronize because of signal issues. MrFrank, have you had any problems with making data connections in the same areas where you're noticing Backup Assistant failing?

0 Likes
Not applicable

I do not have a data plan, nor do I want to pay Verizon's outrageous fee to add a data plan, but my wife's phone, Cosmos 2, is constantly trying to connect to Backup Assistant. What gives? Especially since I have it set to only run at night.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Hi gmeyerco,

I know how frustrating it can be to have Backup Assistant connect randomly.  The next step I would take would be to uninstall the application and reinstall it.  Please follow these steps to uninstall/reinstall:

To Uninstall:

Press Menu

PressMediaCenter

Press Browse and Download

Highlight Backup Assistant

Choose options on the bottom left

Choose Cancel Subscription

To Reinstall:

Press Menu

PressMediaCenter

Press Browse and Download

Press Backup Assistant

Choose Free Subscription

Then follow the steps for installation and set up.

I am certain this step will resolve your issue, please reach out to us if the steps do not resolve your concern and we will certainly continue with trouble shooting.

Thanks,

0 Likes
volcom123

I am sick and tried of waking up in the morning as well to see my battery drained and this worthless app there doing nothing that I can't erase. I have no data plan and no way to remove the app, there needs to be a suit filed. 

0 Likes
volcom123

THis is totally incorret. There is no section for "Browse and download"

0 Likes
DionM_VZW
Verizon Employee

What kind of phone do you have, volcom123?

0 Likes