Re: Are there any good basic/feature phones that have been discontinued?
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

My old Samsung Sway SCH-U650 (2008 model) worked very well for me for four (4) years. When stopped, I went to “upgrade” process and got Samsung Intensity III from Verizon. I exchanged this phone three (3) times, and said “no thanks to Verizon” for another exchange.

On eBay, I purchased Samsung Sway, and I happy again. Smiley Happy

It is discontinued model, basic phone, good camera and easy to use.

I can definitely recommend Samsung Sway SCH-U650.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

D R wrote:

My old Samsung Sway SCH-U650 (2008 model) worked very well for me for four (4) years. ...

I can definitely recommend Samsung Sway SCH-U650.

My son had the Sway before he got his Env3 - and we still have it as a backup device.  Just the other day he said he was thinking about reactivating it, since it was a good device for him and his Env3 is starting to get flaky.  And my son is 23, soon to be 24, not interested in a smartphone at this time...just for general information.

0 Likes
edis54
Contributor - Level 2

It looks like nobody makes anymore a good basic phone. They put so much garbage into the phone, that the phone lost the purpose for which was created in the first place. 

Personally, I don’t like a touch screen.

All the old once, discontinue models were very good. Now, we could get them from eBay…until they are all sold.

0 Likes
kendellabra

I have had an LG Octane since I got it new from Verizon probably four years ago. I delay getting a new phone because nothing can compare for features and full keyboard. I keep looking but am disappointed with the options. I will keep it until it dies.

0 Likes