Anyone else with a basic phone getting bad service?
Going2USCellular

I bought the Casio G'Zone Rock a long time ago because I was very happy with the Boulder (I even passed the Boulder on to my son's number and it STILL works great). I have had no reason to upgrade my phone or my plan for a number of years (in fact, the plan I have isn't even offered anymore). I'm starting to get the feeling that, because I'm not a cash cow for Verizon, they are intentionally reducing the quality of my service.

For example:

• I can't keep a solid connection in my own one story home, but anyone with a US Cellular or T-Mobile phone has no trouble at all.
  • I will get a voice mail and not get a notification about it until more than 8 hours later.
  • Sometimes when I try to make a call, the phone has the 3G status and full connection bars, but it will timeout and never actually connect to make the call.

All of this is pretty recent too, meaning it never used to be this way. Am I the only one experiencing this? These are the same reason why I left AT&T and switched to Verizon.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Anyone else with a basic phone getting bad service?
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Two basic phones here and no issues at all

Maybe it's the phone and not the service?

0 Likes
archeryhunter19931
Contributor - Level 1

i have the samsung brightside and havent had any problems with the phone and signal strength. Of course each phone will vary by a bar or 2 in the same area, but that is expected. I would try to get a refurb and if they dont have that phone anymore, try to get one with comparable features and stuff for a discounted price.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Basic phones and smartphones alike, we want all our customers to have great service with us! We're not picking on you at all. If the Boulder is still working great in the same areas you're having these recent troubles with your Rock, then we are definitely need to look into something going on with your phone's hardware. Electronics can wear down over time, so it's possible the phone that's been working may have begun to deteriorate. Here's a few things to try:
  - Update your phone's roaming list by dialing *228 send and selecting option 2
  - Go to Menu>Settings & Tools>Phone Info>SW / HW Version and ensure the Software Version shows C731M070

If you don't use the Boulder in the same places as the Rock is having trouble, then we may need to check out the area. Feel free to let us know your zip code so we can take a look at the area. Also, is the service trouble only happening when you're inside your home or when someone in particular is trying to call?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes