Re: Anyone else furious about the $30 upgrade charge?

Not applicable

I didn't upgrade my phone until July but I sure knew about the upgrade fee long before that. Funny how that works. It's called KEEPING UP. Call me silly but things I am going to be spending hundreds or thousands of $$$ a year on I tend to want to know what's going on with those things.

Novice

Different people – different priority.

Everyone does their own way.

0 Likes

ah, my bad. close enough though Smiley Happy

0 Likes

So you don't pay attention, when you wait two weeks to fuel up your car and you haven't noticed the prices going up five or ten cents a day and the gas is thirty dollars more a tank full don't be shocked at the store owner and complain because you didn't look at the signs

0 Likes

Novice

If you switch to those all in one deals there is no upgrade fee but of course you have to pay $300 for the smart phone or the phone I liked was that much on their site and when I looked at the straight talk coverage map for android I thought it looked horrible.  Mary

0 Likes

Had the same ugly discussion with customer service today.

They told me all the major carriers charge for an upgrade - I told them I didn't pay to upgrade from Levi's to Silver Jeans, I just paid for the jeans.  I didn't even get a laugh.  I'm frustrated by this as I didn't even see the tiny print so it caught me by surprise when I went to pay my bill after purchasing a new phone.  UGH - what next.

0 Likes

Novice

All the major carriers have charged for quite a while so verizon is the last to do so.  Mary

0 Likes

I could understand it if it was per account, not per phone.  After all, we share everything else in the account!

Hi,  I am new to this. 
Get this one.  I am at the end of my contract and want to get a new phone.  It happens to be one of the free ones offered online.  I printed out the code so I can get the discount at the store.  

When I called the store they told me that the $30 and or $50 dollar fee is a rebate paid up front and I will receive it back in the mail.   My whole transaction was to be $30.00 plus tax with @30 coming back.    By the way...the cost of the new phone was @$349.00.

What do you think about that one???

0 Likes

I know what you mean mad here too! You buy new phones and they cost you an arm and a leg and then to want you to pay a $30 upgrade fee that is just crazy! I'm with you got to do something else cell phone are costing to much!!!