Re: Anyone else furious about the $30 upgrade charge?
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Yeah I figured there was no way around it.  Mary

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Verizon does charge you the $30 upgrade fee on your next bill, but there are no terms to agree to, with Best Buy(or others I mentioned) that restrict what you do with that phone. I've also been told that you have 30 days to return the phone and exchange for a different phone at Best Buy. I've never done that, but have been informed of it by Best Buy employees. That's exchange not cancel, cancel is still the 14 days required by Verizon.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Ok good to know.  Mary

0 Likes
ritsbits1212
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon was the last cellular provider to integrate the upgrade fee, and currently, has the lowest dollar one in the market. I can understand how another fee is nothing to be happy about, but it isn't uncalled for.

With a 2 year agreement you can get a phone at 80%-100% discounted price, even with the upgrade fee included. Back when all phones were the same thing, basic, and really didn't cost too much to create it was a different story. Cellphones these days are glorified miniature computers. That 30$ dollars gets poored into the 16 Billion dollars Verizon bumps back into it's network every year and the devices they make available to you.

Verizon doesn't offer unlimited data anymore, this is true and in some cases unfortunate. Most user's don't actually use enough data to justify unlmited, and with 4G LTE devices out there that stream at rates significantly superior to other networks, customers ar eable to haul in insane amounts of usage in a very short period. You may not like it, but Verizon is clearing out unlimited data so you can continue to enjoy that wireless internet speed. Other providers may still offer unlimited data, but there are very few that would argue the service is up to par with Verizon's coverage and speeds.

Customer's often only see the immediate impacts of changes made, not the underlying reasons motivating those changes. Consider it.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

Even if you go to one of those all in one deals with unlimited data like boost mobile I think most throttle you after so much anyway.  Wouldn't affect me as I would probably not sure more than 2gigs just checking email and post on a message board while traveling.  I know I just read the fine print about that on boost mobile when I was researching getting a smart phone with them and the only reason I considered it is HSN had the phone I wanted for the deal of the day for $150 from them and regular price from boost is $249 or $300 as you have to pay full price for the phones on those kind of plans.  I chickened out as we would need 3 of the phones and since we have no home phone I am afraid to switch and end up with cruddy service from someone else.  Mary

0 Likes