Re: Anyone else furious about the $30 upgrade charge?
Michael2162

(Deleted content per ToS)--Look our memory is short, not a year ago all these banks started to add fees to us for doing business with them, as if they were doing all a favor( what am I doing talking to (deleted to comply with VZW ToS..please keep your post family friendly) if you are satisfied with what you have get (deleted content per ToS). 

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Michael2162

Also, stop getting your phoones from Verizon stores or online, If and i said IF you have a local Sams Club, buy and upgrade there. Iphone 8 gig, $49 new, I think the 16 gig was $99 or $149, I have a regular phone, Samsung brightside, $29 new. Ok here is your turn Lewis, enlighten us on the inability and pure hopelessness in doing that when you can pay 3 or 4 times as much, sit in on these sessions and complain and well you know whine.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

That's why I don't deal with banks. or drink tea.

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Michael2162 wrote:

Also, stop getting your phoones from Verizon stores or online, If and i said IF you have a local Sams Club, buy and upgrade there. Iphone 8 gig, $49 new, I think the 16 gig was $99 or $149, I have a regular phone, Samsung brightside, $29 new. Ok here is your turn Lewis, enlighten us on the inability and pure hopelessness in doing that when you can pay 3 or 4 times as much, sit in on these sessions and complain and well you know whine.

You still pay the $30 upgrade fee at 3rd party vendors. I've not bought a phone directly from Verizon in several years.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

You also sign a separate contract with the 3rd party agreeing to their terms don't you?  If something goes wrong with the phone before 1yr does the 3rd party take care of it or do you go to verizon?  Mary

0 Likes
101sparky

please take me out of this loop. I am getting spammed.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Mary Beaumariage <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

101sparky wrote:

please take me out of this loop.  I am getting spammed.

On Tue, Sep 4, 2012 at 3:48 PM, Mary Beaumariage <

@101sparky

You need to change your preferences under your community profile to turn off your email notifications.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nlitend
Contributor - Level 1

For the same reason every other carrier has one.  (and had one first, and charges more.)  Naive consumers such as yourself are why i quit customer service got my degree and work in a lab, man.......

0 Likes
lewisr13
Champion - Level 1

Mary Beaumariage wrote:

You also sign a separate contract with the 3rd party agreeing to their terms don't you?  If something goes wrong with the phone before 1yr does the 3rd party take care of it or do you go to verizon?  Mary

With vendors I've dealt with there are no seperate contracts with them. if the phone has an issue in the 1st year I deal with Verizon.

0 Likes
acraftylady1
Contributor - Level 1

I know amazon you do so who are some that you don't have any extra rules, best buy, Walmart?  Mary

0 Likes