Activation
Irenetyson

My smartphone is on the mends...while waiting for a replacement I want to reactivate my basic LG.  It is a 3G and *228 won't let me activate it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Activation
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Irenetyson,

Not having a cell phone can be a HUGE inconvenience! After all, we use our cell phone to communicate in so many different ways. From phone calls to text messaging to emails to social media websites and apps, not having a cell phone can feel like we are disconnected from the world! May I ask what make and model is your original phone? Also, what issue are you having with it? In order to activate an older phone on your line, the original phone has to be powered off. Once it’s powered off, you can go online at My Verizon and performance an equipment change. This will apply the device id of the phone of your choice to your mobile number. Once you have done that then please call *228 and select option 1 to activate. The process can take up to 3 minutes to complete. If you are still having issues activating a phone after attempting these steps then please advise as to what obstacle or error message that you have. I look forward to hearing from you my friend!

Thank you…

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes