Re: Switched upgrade to another line. Email confirmation says wrong line upgraded. Thoughts?
yr2615
Contributor - Level 1

Just an update to this post...I received my iPhone 5 in the mail today and it was attached to the correct line. The paperwork showed the phone number that was eligible for the upgrade and the phone number that was to be activated, both were correct. I activated it and then checked My Verizon online and the correct info was reflected on there as well. My unlimited data plan on the line that I stole the upgrade from was unaffected.

0 Likes
Re: Switched upgrade to another line. Email confirmation says wrong line upgraded. Thoughts?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dougiefresh805!

Congratulations on your new iPhone 5! Let me clarify the upgrade process. You are able to perform an alternate upgrade, or "buddy" upgrade to another line on your account. However the upgrade or agreement does not transfer to the other line. The agreement and upgrade is still considered under the line that is originally eligible to upgrade. For example, line 1 is eligible for upgrade, but line 2 wants a new phone. You can process the upgrade on line 1 as an alternate upgrade for line 2, and the agreement will be agreed to on line 1 still. What the alternate upgrade does, is take out a several steps from the process of swapping the new device on to line 2.  Activation will still go to the line you selected as 'alternate upgrade' during the upgrade process. I hope that helps!

Thanks,
AdamE_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes