iphone 5s loop between apple logo and blue screen
finzel

Has anyone resolved an issue where an iphone 5s IOS 8.3 started to loop between apple logo and blue screen until it power cycles or shutsoff completely.

It seems to happen mostly at night while the phone is charging.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone 5s loop between apple logo and blue screen
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
finzel, that's definitely concerning. I'll be happy to help you with that looping issue. Thankfully, that issue is not yet permanent and allowing you regular use of your device's other functions. Before it gets worse however, I'd definitely recommend a recent backup of the device and then restoring it via iTunes. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Let us know how it goes!

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
finzel, that's definitely concerning. I'll be happy to help you with that looping issue. Thankfully, that issue is not yet permanent and allowing you regular use of your device's other functions. Before it gets worse however, I'd definitely recommend a recent backup of the device and then restoring it via iTunes. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201252

Let us know how it goes!

EbonyR_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
finzel

EbonyR_VZW,

Thank you for the advice.  I backed up and restored my iphone 5s via iTunes last night successfully.  Unfortunately, when it was charging last night, I heard the two quick vibrations; and the phone restarted.  I unplugged the phone since the battery was at 100%:  and it hasn't restarted again since then. Smiley Happy

I'm going to pay more attention to when it happens (ie: charging or not), and I'll update in a couple days.

Bill

0 Likes
finzel

My iphone 5s began power cycling during charging the second day after I reported it had stopped.

What I've done so far is to replace the cable and power connector that plugs in the wall; but it is still happening.

I now believe that it power cycles when the battery hits 100% charged.

Oh - and it no longer powers back up; I need to power it back on in the morning.

Any suggestions - I use this phone for 24x7 support calls......power cycles that power off are not good.

Thanks

Bill

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hi finzel!

I realize the importance of having an operable device and I'm here to help! Let's see what's causing the problem. Please try to restore your device:http://spr.ly/6587h3kd
AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
finzel

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I had already restored my device, but the blue screen loop into a poweroff continued.

The local verizon store said I needed to reset my iphone every other day; but the reset was happening daily.

They see about 5 of these a day.

I was told my only option was to go to an Apple store, but that Apple isn't doing anything about it.

I had insurance on the phone with Verizon, but was told since it was a software issue; it wasn't covered under the insurance.

Having no other acceptable option: I traded in the iphone5s.

0 Likes