iphone 5 no longer making/recieving calls
merithresher52

I just realized my phone is no longer making or receiving calls. Calls to me go straight to VM. When I try to make calls, it just sits there and then changes to no service. I have been getting lots of no service in the top corner the last couple weeks. And I have not changed the area I normally am in and should be getting service. I have checked for updates, hard started my phone reset the network settings, taking my sim card out and reinserted it. I have no problem receiving texts and imessages nor using any apps or the internet. Just cant make or receive calls. I also noticed the little bubbles that usually turn black in the upper left corner when I have amazing service are always clear now. Never changing no matter where I am. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 no longer making/recieving calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meritheresher52, ensuring you have the ability to make calls is a must. Help is here. Let's work together to find you resolution as this has been going on far too long. When you attempt to make a call, what do you experience? Any announcement messages? What is your zip code? Was this device recently added to your account? If so, how was it added? Also, I see you stated there are no issues with iMessage and data. Are you on Wi-Fi when this works? If so, what do you experience with Wi-Fi off?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: iphone 5 no longer making/recieving calls
merithresher52

it just shows calling, but nothing happens then shows no service up in the upper left hand corner (it will switch from service to no service when I try to make a call, but does not terminate the call). It has been going into no service like that quite often since this problem started, but I have service normally in those areas. I work in zip code 95814 and live in zip code 95682. The issue is consistent at both zips and any where I go. My phone has been on my account for at least 3 years. I am not on wifi to use those. I rarely use my wifi since I have an  unlimited plan

I appreciate the help!

0 Likes