Re: iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
cbcinnov
Enthusiast - Level 1

We've been Verizon customers for years and were very satisfied. We have relied on wifi calling since the reception in our home is spotty, and had no problems until a few months ago.  We have not changed any equipment in the house that would impact cell phone coverage. Now both my phone and my husband's have been dropping calls after about two minutes, which is extremely frustrating. We are ready to upgrade our phones, but unless Verizon can fix this problem, we will look for a different service provider.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Getting the service you need and deserve is a must. Please meet us in a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
GRBU2

My wife and I been having WiFi calling issues when I switched from iPhone 6 and 6+ (On iOS 12] to iPhone 11 for both of us (on iOS 14). Our phones disconnect right at 3 minutes most of the time. I’ve tried different WiFi routers too and it doesn’t matter. I’m suspicious that the issue is with iOS 14 but it’s not clear how much Verizon is working with Apple on this. I’ve communicated with multiple Verizon agents through this forum and nothing has worked other than to disable WiFi calling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Steve4441 Our goal is always to help you get the best possible service. In reviewing your post you mentioned it happens only at your home. However, later you stated it happens all the time. Are you referring to the Wi-Fi service in your home? How does the Wi-Fi service work at other locations? If you don't have the Wi-Fi on, are you able to use our network?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for such detailed information. Software updates are intended to enhance the performance of any device, not cause its users to be inconvenienced. We certainly want you and your wife to enjoy the befits of using the Wi-Fi Calling feature with your devices. Let's continue working together to address your service concerns. Are you experiencing problems using Wi-Fi Calling while you're outside too? - RobertC_VZW

0 Likes
GRBU2

I usually don’t make WiFi calls outside. I make calls inside fairly close to my WiFi router. The location though doesn’t seem to matter. In fact, most calls end right at 3 minutes which makes it seem there is something that triggers the call to end right at that specific time. It happens on different WiFi networks too.

0 Likes
PDXmarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this problem for several months.  With an iPhone 7 (personal) and a work iPhone 11 Pro.  Both Verizon, both at my home.   Call drops on the main floor of my house and in the basement after a few minutes.  Zip 97202

I have reset the phones, reset router, purchased Xfi pods to increase WiFi in the house and tried every trick on the many Verizon threads (Apple and Comcast too) on this dropped call topic (mind you very few solutions are posted by Verizon, very empathetic responses but no actual resolutions. 

Oddly, my wife has an iPhone 7 and hasn't experienced a single dropped call.

I don't get it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here, PDXmarc. We understand the importance of always staying connected, especially during a phone call. Do you experience this issue with all calls or to a specific contact? Are all three lines on the same account?

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for providing those details. With regard to the account and making calls with your device what is the make and model for your iPhone? Is the device up to date with the latest software version?

0 Likes
PDXmarc
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks Cheyenne, 

My wife's phone and my home phone (Both iPhone 7, although I just transferred mine to a iPhone X), are on 1 plan.  My work iPhone 11 is on a work plan.

My home phone drops calls to 2 people I can recall.  My work phone to my boss, every day.   I don;t make a ton of calls but these are the 3 folks I talk to the most. 

Thanks, Marc

0 Likes