Re: iPhone drops calls when using wifi calling
GRBU2

I asked her about this - such as does it drop when she receives a text message. She said she is doing nothing herself other than being on the call - so nothing else. Also it drops not at the same time as receiving a notice/text - so no connection there I’m either.

0 Likes
GRBU2

I'd also like to add that my phone dropped a WiFi call today after 10 minutes. So it is happening to both my wife's phone and mine. Both phones just recently purchased within the last couple months. Essentially I can't use WiFi calling for longer phone calls and I've turned it off for now.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very strange, GRBU2. We need to access your account to check settings on our end for the WiFi Calling feature. We have sent you a direct message to assist you further, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
bamrinnj706

My wife and I moved a few months ago and since moving are having the same issue.  Verizon reception isn't great.  Brought my phone into the Verizon store, they said it's not a verizon issue. Made an Apple care appointment and they said they dont' see an issue.  My wife had an XS and didn't seem to have the issue but just bought an iPhone 12 and now constantly drops calls.  I have an 11, same thing.

This makes working from home very difficult.  How come these phones can't do the original function of a telephone?  You lock people into contracts on these phones but can't use them to actually talk to anyone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bamrinnj706, we never like to see that you have come across issues. Allow us to look further into this for you. You mentioned calls dropping while using Wi-Fi Calling. Do they calls only drop while on Wi-Fi? Do you notice it happen on incoming or outgoing calls? Does it just happen while at home or other locations as well? 

ChristineK_VZW

0 Likes
chrmul

I am having the same issue. Two phones, super fast wifi, calls are guaranteed to drop. Could someone call me to discuss?

0 Likes
wificallingdoesnt11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem is there a solution besides leaving Verizon?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chrmul Sorry you are having issues right now. We can certainly help you but we work right here on this platform. We sent you a private message here on this forum.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our apologies that Wi-Fi Calling hasn't improved your service. To confirm, has Wi-Fi Calling helped at all? Are you able to provide a screenshot showing that it is enabled on your phone?

0 Likes
Steve4441
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have same issue and work from home. This affects every single call-its awful. My wife also has an iPhone 11 and has same problem. If I reset network settings and re boot phone, it helps for a few minutes then calls eventually drop. This happens ONLY at my house. And it happens all the time, every time.