iPhone Promo Trade-in Questions
mjnike45

I have a couple questions that I don't see directly answered:

1. Can you trade your old iPhone into a Verizon Store and immediately get the $200 promotion or do you have to do it online and risk being scammed?

2. A Verizon person commented on one of the discussions saying the phone that is being traded in needs to be active on the line.  How is that possible when they say you can trade in an iPhone from any carrier?

I am sure I have many more questions but this will be it for now.  I hate how vague Verizon is being about this program.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone Promo Trade-in Questions
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you feel as though the information provided is vague mjnike45. We always want our current and new customers to have all the information needed, I can certainly clarify.

1-You can definitely trade in your iPhone at any of our corporate store locations. However, if you have not received your iPhone 6 when you trade it in (promotion expires 9/30), you will have to activate an older device in the meantime.
2-For current customers, the iPhone needs to be active on the line that's going to upgrade to an iPhone 6 and meet other criteria.

We make all the information easily accessible to the public on our website; this link http://vz.to/1peg7TS will help answer any other questions you may have.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
bobbigrl27
Enthusiast - Level 2

@verizonwirelesscustomersupport. I have read through all the information at the link you provided and nowhere does it say that the iPhone you are trading in needs to be active on the account for current customers.   Can you point me to any place on the website that says it has to be active? 

0 Likes
bobbigrl27
Enthusiast - Level 2

Sorry, that reply was supposed to be to Verizon wireless customer support.  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My sincere apologies bobbigrl27. This was a typo on my end and meant to say it does not need to be active on the line you will be upgrading, as long as it meets other criteria. Thank you for bringing this up to my attention.

AdaS_VZW

0 Likes
dtrubuckeye

@AdaS_VZW or any Verizon Wireless Customer Support, I apologize if this seems redundant of the previous questions, but I want to be clear before submitting an online order and attempting to go into a store again...

1. If I order the iPhone 6 online and receive an order confirmation (currently on backorder until late October), can I go into a Verizon Wireless store while I am still waiting for my new iPhone 6 to arrive and trade-in my old iPhone 4 to get the $200 promotional trade-in gift card instantly? (Basically reiterating the original question, but with clear language for the in-store agent to understand.)

2. Does the iPhone 4 being traded in have to be active on the account/line, or can it be another old iPhone 4 that I have that is not currently being used?  (You originally said that it had to be active, but then rebutted in bobbygrl27's response.)

The reason I ask is because the agent in the store told me it had to be active on the line that's being upgraded, but could not justify the answer nor show the condition outlined in any terms.  He also did not make it seem that I could trade my phone in in-store, but rather I had to do it online after placing my order.

If I need to swap the inactive iPhone 4 with the one currently on the line, I can; but it seems pointless since that phone would end up back on the line when I turn in the trade-in phone, as I won't have received the new phone yet. (Assuming that I can trade it in in-store.)

I would have preferred to do the whole transaction in-store (upgrade and trade-in); but since it is sold out, online ordering seems to be the only option.  Now, I just want to make sure that I get the $200 trade-in credit as soon as possible as I am seeing/hearing too many stories of VZW not honoring it for one reason or another. 

Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand you need additional clarification dtrubuckeye, I'm sorry my replies confused you.

1-You can't upgrade at the store and have a pre-order in place. You can keep your pre-order and wait until arrives or cancel it, then visit a store.

2-To get the promotional trade-in value instantly, you need to trade it in at the store and upgrade to the iPhone 6 there. Again, you can only upgrade at the store if your pre-order is cancelled.

3-The iPhone 4 does not need to be active on the line you upgrade but it does need to be in good condition and meet the criteria included in this link http://vz.to/1peg7TS.

Finally, if you choose to wait for your phone until it ships, you can submit the trade in form online; it takes 4-6 weeks to receive the Verizon Wirelress gift card.

AdaS_VZW

dtrubuckeye

Thanks for your help, @AvaS_VZW Verizon Wireless Customer Support.

Your replies aren't confusing me, rather, they are contradicting what the in-store agent told me.    I don't yet have a pre-order, but I wanted to get the answers before I start or submit anything.

If the stores are out of stock, how does the scenario come about from your first reply to mjnike45, "1-You can definitely trade in your iPhone at any of our corporate store locations. However, if you have not received your iPhone 6 when you trade it in (promotion expires 9/30), you will have to activate an older device in the meantime."

Does this mean I can place the upgrade order for the iPhone 6 in the store and trade-in my iPhone 4 at the same time? I am not worried about activating an older device, since another iPhone 4 is already on that line (the one that is not being traded in).

The in-store agents didn't offer to accept my phone and place the order while I was there, instead they instructed me to do everything online.  As you can see from my initial inquiry, my main concern is to trade in the phone and receive the promo credit instantly in-store. I would prefer to do it all in-store (including placing the order), if possible.  This is where the contradiction lies (that and they told me, for existing customers, it had to be a currently active iPhone 4 being traded in).

Please advise.

0 Likes
SamuelAdams
Enthusiast - Level 3

If our old phones can be traded in at Verizon company stores why are they refusing to do it. I tried doing it online to no avail. I have received two cancelation emails on my trade-in phones from Verizon. Both times I followed the instructions given by Verizon to verify that I had a valid order for two iPhone 6 phones. Now that my phones are here and even activated on the Verizon network I have not received my packages to trade in my phones nor an email saying they are on their way. Now when I call their number I can't get through to anyone. The system is so full that they just hang up. Nothing seems to work online to get this trade in underway and the guy in the Verizon company store yesterday REFUSED to help. THIS WHOLE TRADE-IN IS NOT WELL THOUGHT OUT.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SamuelAdams,

I definitely want you to be able to get your trade-in through. Due to the popularity of this trade in promotion, the best way to process is online. When you go to process it, does it give you an error? Or does it just send you an email stating the process was cancelled?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes