iPhone 7 sold by Verizon Costa Mesa as NEW but instead it was tampered with
BREWIL9

We bought what we thought was a NEW iPhone 7 at the Verizon store in Costa Mesa, California on May 6, 2017.  The phone recently started blacking out & when we took it into Apple, their technicians advised that the logic board was not Apple manufactured so they refused to fix it.   Verizon says they didn't do it and Apple refuses to fix the phone.  I pay nearly $700/month for 6 Verizon phones & I cannot begin to describe how frustrated I am by all of this.  So we are stuck -- with a phone that was SOLD AS NEW TO US by Verizon but instead it contained a refurbished logic board.  Has this ever happened to anyone and what did you do to solve the problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 sold by Verizon Costa Mesa as NEW but instead it was tampered with
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I regret the inconvenience caused by this situation as we always want to see you have the best device experience. Was the device in shrink wrap upon purchase? Has it been previously replaced under warranty or repaired through a third party? 

Yale_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes