iPhone 7 moving to Verizon
MICMED68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have tried to research whether or not you can successfully take a used iPhone 7 from an AT&T account and use on the Verizon system?  We want to replace our daughters current iPhone 6 (paid off on Verizon) with an iPhone 7 from a family member that was purchased (and paid off) on AT&T to our Verizon account. Can you tell me if this works?  Our family member was told that the phone could move to any network without issues when purchased but in reading it seems like that might not be the case?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 moving to Verizon
vanessas_vzw
Verizon Employee

Knowing your options to bring over a phone from another carrier is definitely important, MICMED68. The great news is that the iPhone 7 will work on our network. (Only model A1660) You can view the model number on the back of the phone, the very last line on the bottom.

You can also verify the device by the IMEI here: Bring Your Own Phone or Device - BYOD | Verizon Wireless 

I hope this helps!

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should verify the ATT phone was unlocked before it was removed from that network.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MICMED68
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you, there shouldn't be any service issues as long as it is not the A1660 model then?

0 Likes
MICMED68
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think I misread, are you saying if it is A1660 model it will be ok?  and just to confirm, we are not planning on adding a line but just replacing an existing iPhone 6 on our account.  Thank you!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

You need the model that's compatible with the VZW network. That is model A1660 for the iPhone 7.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm here to help alleviate the confusion. The iPhone 7 (model A1660) can be activated on our network. However the iPhone 7 (model A1778) is not compatible with our network. If you have the A1660 model, you can activate the phone here: http://spr.ly/6582DrTKk

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes