iPhone 7 Searching for Signal...
NATBAC24

My iPhone 7 has been searching for signal for four days.  I took it into a Verizon store, and the employee got the phone back on the network long enough to do a software update.  Then, a half-hour later, it was searching again.  I read somewhere I needed to take out and replace SIM card- did that, and it worked for about an hour.  Does anyone know how I can permanently fix this problem?  Thank you in advance for any help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Searching for Signal...
deloused
Master - Level 3

If it's caused by a network connection glitch resetting the network settings can help, or if due to a software issue a factory reset can help.

If those options don't fix it since you've already checked the SIM card option it would be due to a hardware issue, which can be resolved at an Apple store for repair or replacement steps, or by calling the manufacturer if you have AppleCare coverage. If still under warranty Verizon Cloud also send you a replacement, or if it's insured the insurance company can also send you a replacement when filing a claim

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

NATBAC24-

My phone is my right arm, so I bet this has been super frustrating. We absolutely want to get to the root cause of what's happening. To confirm, are any other VZ users having the same problem in your area? What happens when you try to make a call, do you hear any error messages? What zip code are you located in?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

MEHOZK62
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the 7+ and my phone began doing the same thing in early Feb 2018, my cell service has been very spotty.  It started off being manageable but as the days went on it seems like the cell connection is less and less.  I first took the phone to Verizon and they replaced the sims card.  I don't think this really made a difference.  I then took the phone to apple.  They are currently taking in iphone 7 phones with this problem and are fixing it for free and they are giving you a replacement phone while you wait for your phone to be fixed, even if you are beyond the 1 year warranty period. 

However, the bad thing about this is that I have the 7+, which is experiencing the same issue as the 7 but apple is currently NOT fixing the 7+. They said I could exchange for $350. Obviously this is very poor service on Apple's part!!