iPhone 7 Activation
cxrf89

Hello,

Hey there, so I bought this iPhone 7 on OfferUp a couple of days ago. I check the phone, phone was clean and recognize my SIM card. A few hours later my service was suspended because the phone was reported lost/stolen and I don't want to judge the person that sold it to me but it doesn;t answer my calls or texts. I pay to a website to check which was the original carrier of the phone and it say that is US Verizon LTE Unclocked. Could you guys help me with this, removing it from the list or how much I have to pay or what should I do? Please help. The IMEI is [removed]

Thank you in advance,

Christian

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 7 Activation
rcschnoor
Legend

Unfortunately, if the person you purchased it from either reported it stolen or stopped making payments on it there is nothing you can do. Does OfferUp have any sort of recourse for circumstances such as these? Did you pay via credit card or PayPal?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry for the situation you are in cxrf89. I can imagine how you are feeling. If the phone has been reported lost or stolen, or for some reason is still on an account and has been suspended, there is nothing we can do. Just to be sure, let's take a closer look. I have sent you a Private Message to begin.

Rosanne_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Siakacoul

Hey,

How did you solve it ?

The exact same thing happened to me.

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

I’m sorry the same thing happened to you, Siakacoul. Being able to activate your phone is definitely important, so I understand how you feel. We are always here to help.

Just to be clear, did you also purchase an iPhone 7 from a third party and have not been able to activate the phone? Are you trying to activate the phone on your VZW account or with another carrier? I am going to send you a Direct Message. Please reply to it and provide details of the issues you are having so we may better assist. I am confident we can help get this resolved.

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Luka2
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem with the iPhone 11 pro max.

I bought it from ebay in Nov. 3 2019, its showed that esn/imei is clean.

After I received the iPhone, the Verizon Rep told me the unpaid bill issue and suspended the iPhone.

I didn't know how to solve my problem after calling Verizon, Ebay, Papal.

I can show you the evidence that the seller posted on ebay as the attached file.

2020-01-30.png

Please help.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Luka2,

We appreciate the visual. While the device is SIM unlocked, it has been reported as fraud, and has been blacklisted. Since it has been reported, it cannot be activated. We recommend reaching out to the selling party.

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
Luka2
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your helpful information.

How can I reach out to the selling party?

I have been transferred to call Verizon postpaid, and prepaid, etc. party, and Ebay, Paypal resolution center. 

If someone in Verizon can pay attention to check the imei of the posted file, he will find that the seller is one who sold the iPhone and unpaid the bill, and reported it as fraud. 

All I need is just de-blacklist my phone by your official validate. 

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Likes