Re: iPhone 6 Plus unable to install new IOS 10 software update on phone?? I've tried EVERYthing?!!?
TwistedWhiteHatter
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well I know for sure that this iPhone has def been backed up to iCloud on a regular basis, everyday since I first bought it. Even more I just went in to my iCloud setting and clicked on the 'back up now' button which successfully created a new recent backup for todays date showing at 4:30pm. So hopefully when I go to reset/restore this device to factory default, which still terrifies me just due to how high of a risk that process is, lol !! Nevertheless I'm going to bite the bullet and get it over with, I just pray that I do get the option & it asks me to restore from the iCloud backup point that I just created earlier..?!! For my own peace of mind I have just a couple of last questions before I begin this nerve wracking process! Do I need to perform any type of restarts on my phone, like holding sleep/wake & home button at same time forcing a restart? Also do I need to delete the already downloaded IOS 10 update that is currently in my storage settings before I begin?? When will it actually update to the new software, during the reset process or afterwards? And is that something I'll be prompted or instructed to do myself or does it automatically install the new update on its own while resetting?? Hopefully I don't make a mess of this but honestly other than the info you provide me & have already provided me with I have nothing else to go on because nobody else has been this understanding or helpful. So I'll mostly be playing this by ear & doing my best at winging it! Any of my questions you can answer or help me with would mean the world to me!! I'm so greatful and thankful for ALL of your advice!!

0 Likes
Re: iPhone 6 Plus unable to install new IOS 10 software update on phone?? I've tried EVERYthing?!!?
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sorry just seeing this. I'm not aware of you being able to delete the iOS 10 download directly on the iPhone but if you can I guess it wouldn't hurt to do so. I've never seen that option the few times I have done an OTA iOS update so that's something I can't help you with.  Just follo the steps in the following Apple article Update to iOS 10 - Official Apple Support

0 Likes
Graisy3396

If I do a reset will it delete my photos on my iPad mini?

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes