iPhone 5c problems
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

my iPhone 5c hasn't Been working right (16 months old, renew in September). The Bluetooth doesn't stay on and the time is always wrong. Texting also has been on and off and no texts going through. I've done all the tricks and even restored it back to factory last night and still problems. What's the next step, Apple Store or Verizon? What can be done? We never got insurance on the phones.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5c problems
Weth
Legend

1) Buy new phone early at full retai, price

2) Take or send the phone to Apple for non-warranty service Which is $269 flat rate.  Most likely this will result in a re manufactured phone replacement from Apple

3) use an old phone you have or family has until Septrmber

4) Buy used phone from reliable source.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your phone is working, banns. I appreciate the steps you have taken. Did you complete the factory reset through iTunes or through the settings on the device?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did it trough device. The first one I tried was to restore in iTunes to a previous back up but that didn't seem to work. Then when I did the factory one it was on the phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying, banns. Can you please attempt to use iTunes again in order to restore the iPhone as a new device. http://bit.ly/1tdrn9P

AndreaS_VZW

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the restore through iTunes. Working fine except Bluetooth still won't work. And clock is off again. Before I did the restore texts weren't working again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

banns, Thank you for taking these steps for us! Let's get your Bluetooth working, again. What is the exact error message you receive when trying to connect your Bluetooth. What type of Bluetooth are you trying to connect?

TanishaS1_VZW

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is no error message...it simply isn't on and doesn't no respond when trying to turn it on. Occasionally, the bluetooth symbol will appear when it's plugged in but it's not really working with the device I'm using (Fitbit Charge tracker/Fitbit app).  If I turn off the phone, wait, and turn it on again, it might work 50% of the time and allow the fitbit to sync but then turns off again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it banns, we'll get the device working! Has there been any physical/water damage? Has there been any changes to the device since this started?

AshleyS_VZW

0 Likes
banns
Enthusiast - Level 2

No damage I can see. The phone has accidentally been dropped a few times from short distance but nothing besides that.

0 Likes