iPhone 5S can only hear through speaker phone for calls
Jennygorman2

iPhone 5s can only hear calls on speaker phone.  When not in speaker mode, volume is very low when trying to hear while talking directly in to phone. Checked volume and settings.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone 5S can only hear through speaker phone for calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's help that phone speak up, Jennygorman2. While difficult to hear on your end without the speaker on, how does it sound to the other person? Do you notice any sound issues elsewhere on the phone (notification sounds, alarms, other apps, etc)? Here's a helpful link right from Apple on situations similar to yours: http://apple.co/1iomcSn , but try this simple reset beforehand and let us know how it goes: http://vz.to/1J0h3t2 .
RussellM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
julieharp
Enthusiast - Level 3

Not sure if this will help but when I forget to disconnect from my Bluetooth speaker, and I get a call, I have the same problem..... I can't hear them unless its on speaker or I disconnect and turn off blue tooth.

0 Likes
Jennygorman2

Thank you, but this did not work

0 Likes
Jennygorman2

Thank you, but this did not work... Looks like I'm taking the phone in lol

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jennygorman2, let's get your speaker working again stat! To clarify, is this issue only occuring while your Bluetooth speaker is enabled? What happens when you disable bluetooth, are calling coming in through speaker as well as your regular handset? Also, let's press and hold the Power button plus the Home button at the bottom at the same time, till you see the Apple logo appear, then release and test again please. Thanks!

KristieQ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jennygorman2

No, it always happens. With or without the Bluetooth on. You said to hold the power button and the home button at the same time... Doesn't that just take a screen shot? Basically I can only hear slightly when I talk on my phone from the ear speaker (not headphones and not a head set). Just me and my phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so sorry this issue is still occuring. We may need to look at replacement options. Hold ing the home and power button should reset the device. Please power down and remove and reimnsert the Sim card and retest.

JoeL_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes