iOS 8.3 has rendered my phone useless. Anyone else experiencing this?
Lilespo
Enthusiast - Level 2

SInce I installed update IOS 8.3 my wifi connection keeps dropping off, also I'm unable to select iMessage  (sometimes if I shut off phone andrestart it...imessage will go to the "on" position ) my messages aren't being sent and I'm not receiving many. I'm missing calls and getting voice msgs tho the phone doesn't ring. I receive msgs and v msgs 3/4 days after they've been sent. My battery is being drained. Each screen takes 10 ( when I'm lucky) seconds or more tO switch. Inconsistently does not recognize my contacts. Inconsistently...unable to make calls. Please tell me what I'm suppose to do (tried resetting etc) with my new iPhone 6 plus with this update installed...it's pointless to have a phone if I can't use it or depend on it.  Is anyone else experiencing the same issues with this update? What is being done to fix these issues associated with this update and what is being done to reimburse me for the inconsistent ability to even use this expensive phone?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iOS 8.3 has rendered my phone useless. Anyone else experiencing this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We are dedicated to ensuring you have the very best device experience, Lilespo! Is WiFi dropping on multiple networks? Is device showing adequate signal when SMS and calls are not sending or receiving? When checking battery statistics in Settings what is main culprit of drain? Have you completed a soft reset since this all began by holding Power and Home keys until device restarts?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Lilespo
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding. I did indeed try a soft reset with the home button and power keys. I am always dropped from my home wifi but also drops off on other wifi. I have had full strength and the screen freezes or the phone doesn't ring and I'll get a voice msg from days ago. I just spoke to my husband who has the iPhone 5 and he's experiencing the same problems since installing iOS 8.3. We have tried calling each other and one phone will ring and the other won't while sitting next to each other with the same signal strength. needless to say, could've saved us from getting mad at each other for not responding to texts etc. Now I'm trying to explain to my friends back on the East coast that I'm not ignoring them, I just haven't received their calls for FaceTime nor their texts.  Seems the common denominator is the update IOS 8.3 that we are having with both our phones...any way to uninstall this update/reset phones to 8.2? Thx

0 Likes
dfo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cannot use wifi anywhere since the recent 8.3 update installed. wifi options do not show up on my ph since install.

it's crazy many people are having problems with 8.3 update!

0 Likes