disabling I phone
ruscot

How do I totally disable or lockout an I phone on my account if it's lost or stole

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: disabling I phone
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you don't have access to iCloud then there is no remote way of locking this device.  You can suspend service but as long as a person has WiFi they can still use a great deal of the phones features...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

1. Log In

2. Scroll over My Verizon

3. Scroll over My device

4. Select View All

5. Scroll down

6. Select Suspend or Reconnect your Service

Follow the onscreen prompts.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you have an iCloud account and Find My iPhone installed you can disable your device via iCloud.

ruscot

Is there any other way. It's not my phone its a phone on my account and the person using it will not give me the I cloud info

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Again, if you follow the above directions, so long as you can sign into your account, you can suspend service on it and the phone will be unusable for calls, text and other various applications.

0 Likes
ruscot

Yes I have done that already. I'm asking if I can totally disable it or lock it out to render it a paper weight where it would provide no use to anyone who has it

0 Likes
ruscot

The phone can still be used basically as an ipod even tho its service through Verizon is suspended.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

If you don't have access to iCloud then there is no remote way of locking this device.  You can suspend service but as long as a person has WiFi they can still use a great deal of the phones features...

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If the phone is under your account and in only your name then I suggest you report it as stolen to the police who will then retrieve it for you. I'm assuming the iCloud account was set up solely by the current holder of the phone? You didn't happen to use your e-mail address during set up? If you did then use the "forgot username" and "forgot password" feature.

I realize it can still be used an iPod, but you are providing conflicting stories, first it was lost or stolen and now you know where it is, they just won't give it back. Should have led with pertinent information. Good luck.

0 Likes
Loquat
Master - Level 1

With WiFi being so readily available...even a suspended phone is still very useful. 

0 Likes