data usage
KJUNIE3

I have been with verizon for YEARS and never had issues with data usage... over the past 6 months,  we get notifications that we are almost out of data? For example we are only 11 days in to the billing cycle - 3 days ago it showed we still had over 76% of data left.  I wake up this morning and it says we only have 10% left.  There is no way we used almost 12 GB in just a few days... not to mention over the WEEKEND!  This is what we typically used over many MONTHS.

We are doing nothing different and it is getting frustrating. Also - many of the times it shows we are using data (per the log) is when we are at work or sleeping. Doesn't make any sense. Feeling very irritated - no one is "using the data" aside from us... no hotspots, no other devices... just does not make sense.

What is going on

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: data usage
YaleK_VZW
Verizon Employee

We always want to see you get the most out of your data with the right device setup. Are all of the account users running Apple devices? When viewing the records on the device via Settings>Cellular>Use Cellular Data For:, what are the top apps being shown with the usage? When was the last time each device had these statistics reset as this does need to be done manually?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
KJUNIE3

Hi

Yams they are all apple devices and I will have the check on the app usage for the other phones but this is mine

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

A lot of the time it's apps running in the background that's the culprit or if you have wifi assist turned on it could be causing your device(s) to use cellular data over wifi if the wifi signal is weak. Also...seeing data usage times when you're asleep just means that those are the times it's being reported (if I understand correctly). Data usage isn't reported in real time. Check what apps have a higher percentage being used as suggested. Go in To settings and stop background usage for any apps that you don't absolutely need to have running in the background.

0 Likes