Will I lose my promo credit?
MIBPreacher

My wife has the iPhone 7 and I have the iPhone 7+.  When I got the 7+, I had traded in my iPhone6+ and took advantage of the promo credit of $650 applied over 24 months.  I have 11 credit payments left on my plan.  My wife has 13 payments left on her phone (1 away from upgrade).  She doesnt like the smaller iPhone 7 and wants my phone with the better camera.  I was wondering if I paid the remaining $33 payment and returned her phone to trade up to the iPhone 8+/X, would we be able to swap the phones on our lines and still keep the remaining 11 credit payments?

Current setup

My line: iPhone 7+  with 11 remaining promo credits. 

Her line: iPhone 7 with no promo credits.  (pay 1 last payment and return to VZW)

Proposed setup

My line:  iPhone 8+/X with no promo credits

Her line:  my old iPhone 7+ with 11 remaining promo credits

I saw that in another thread in here if you lost or had your phone stolen or damaged that you would continue to receive the credits so as long as the payment plan was still on the account  being paid, even if you didn't have the same device on that particular cell line.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will I lose my promo credit?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MIBPreacher, having the right phone for you and your wife's needs is key. Let's go through your options today about your replacement concerns. As far as Lost/Stolen, that is a slightly different circumstance for the promotion guidelines.

You have two options:
1. Pay the device payments in 24 scheduled payments as agreed
2. Pay the full remaining balance off at any time

So to accomplish what you want to happen:

My line: iPhone 8+/X with no promo credits (you can activate the line of service but it will ask you to buyout the remaining price of her device payment since the promo was for a 24 month credit)

Her line: my old iPhone 7+ with 11 remaining promo credits (this line will be charged the full monthly cost since promo is on your phone number being tied to that phone for 24 months.)

I hope this information helps and was not confusing.

TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
GREFRE43

Hi,

I am thinking about the same type off situation, swapping my phone and giving to my daughter within my family plan.   In my case, it’s a note8 she would like to have, its in a payment plan and a promo credit monthly.   If I understand this right, if I swap I loose the promo credit?  Or does it stay tied to my line even though she has the phone in her number?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important it is to make sure each person on your account has the right device, GREFRE43. The Device Promotional Credit on your Note 8 is associated with your Device Payment Agreement, not the device itself. If you activate the Note 8 on a different line, but the Device Payment Agreement remains on your line, you will continue to receive the Device Promotional Credit. You will lose the Device Promotional Credit if you cancel the line, transfer it to a different account, or end the Device Payment Agreement early, but activating the device on another line will not cause you to lose the Device Promotional Credit.

PeterP_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes