Wifi issues
tlt1203

Is anyone having issues with keeping wifi connected to their Apple products? Everything worked fine last night now it won't stay connected. No issues with the galaxy phone that is in the house.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Wifi issues
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you have wifi assist turned on in your settings? If so you need to turn it off. It can cause your phone to switch to cellular data if it deems your wifi signal too weak (may read it that way if other devices are using your home wifi at the same time and causes the strength to your device to be weakened for example).

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

NO, but then I bought an Apple router 5 years ago.   Best router I've owned.

(and most of our tech is not Apple)

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Apple devices are working fine here. What router do you use?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tlt1203 We don’t want you to be without Wi-Fi. What is the zip code? Can you use our Network?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TrishGA

Yes - but didn't realize it until I got an alert that we had used most of our data for the month! Constantly getting kicked off. Have restarted all devises, router and cable modem. Still have issue....(I have had same equipment since August 15  - this is a recent problem!)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TrishGA, we always want you to be surfing smoothly and with your help, we will get you there. As this is a recent problem, has the computer had any recent software updates? When connecting to the Wi-Fi with any other device, are you also experiencing the data connection dropping?
LorenB_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TrishGA

Not sure which computer you are referring to? My problem is with my iPhone 6 plus. I am still running iOS 8.4. No updates made anywhere. Btw, I am back on LTE. I think this started in the last week or two, based on my cellular data usage. You can see I usually run less than 1 gig per month (most activity is on home wifi network)

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Do you have wifi assist turned on in your settings? If so you need to turn it off. It can cause your phone to switch to cellular data if it deems your wifi signal too weak (may read it that way if other devices are using your home wifi at the same time and causes the strength to your device to be weakened for example).

0 Likes
TrishGA

I cannot find wifi assist on my phone. Are you sure this feature exists on the 6? I did turn off wifi networking, since I read this could be causing a problem. That didn't help....

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@TrishGA I regret to learn you are having these problems with your iPhone 6. I'm here to help. I would recommend updating your device software under settings-general-software update.  Have you made any changes to your wifi network?

AdrienneP_VZW

0 Likes