Re: Wifi issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TrishGA, we want you to be able to be connected to your WiFi. The iPhone 6 does have WiFi assist, here is a link on where to locate it http://apple.co/1HGWaEZ

Also another suggestion from Apple is to delete or forget that WiFi connection and then re-add it to your phone. You can do this by tapping on that WiFi connection when in the WiFi section of your Settings.

StevenG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TrishGA

Wifi assist is indicated as being on iOS 9 and higher. As mentioned, I am still running 8.4.

I did see the "forget network" suggestion, will try that next. If I follow the other suggestion to update my operating system, then I will need to disable wifi assist when I do!

Mostly, I am wondering why this problem just started.....

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sorry I forgot that you said you were on iOS 8 still. You may need to upgrade your iOS to see if that helps. If you were eligible to get warranty help from Apple one of the first things they would check is if you were on the most current  iOS.

0 Likes
TrishGA

I'm going to try the upgrade. I still am puzzled why this problem just started....

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
fordcrewcab

I have a 6s plus.  I've had it two months.  Spent an hour with tech.  Ended up sending it in.  They said it works fine.  I've done everything.  I still lose my wifi.  If I'm not at least five foot or closer I can't pick it up.  Everything else in my house has no problem.  I can shut everything off that is using wifi.  Still no luck.  I can't believe I'm paying so so much for this phone and I'm having these problems.  Would it help to go to the BBB abs see what they can do?  I'm so disappointed with this phone !!!!

0 Likes
TrishGA

So I upgraded to the latest iOS version and am still getting kicked off wifi. I did disable the wifi assist (part of the iOS upgrade) to avoid being moved to cellular data. Meanwhile, guess I need to pony up the extra $15 to pay for something I didn't and shouldn't need.....Apple or Verizon needs to get on top of this issue....

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Who did you send it in to? Verizon or Apple? If it was Verizon I would suggest contacting Apple and seeing if they can replicate the issue. I haven't had any issues with wifi on mine or the other 3 in my home so I can't replicate the issue myself. If you've tried everything mentioned already and you have contacted Apple (or visited an Apple Store) I'm not sure what else to suggest.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Sorry I can't recall if you have mentioned this already but do you have this issue even when you use it on wifi elsewhere? I ask because if it only occurs on your home wifi then I wonder if the issue is more so your router and your iPhone not playing well together.

0 Likes