Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,346 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Wifi calling on corporate network
dpd7290

Hello,

I have a new Verizon iPhone 6S with wifi calling enabled; however, wifi calling does not seem to work on my corporate network. When I am at home, the signal icon says VZW Wifi and at work it says Verizon/no signal with the wifi signal icon. I believe the VZW means I'm using wifi calling and the lack of that icon means I'm not. I also can't make calls when I don't have service even though I have wifi calling turned on. Additionally, while at home, I can edit my emergency address and when at work, it states that I don't have wifi calling enabled and I have to contact my administrator to activate it. I have contacted both my IT department and Verizon and have been told that wifi calling in enabled and supported by the corporate network. My last phone was a Sprint iPhone 7 which was able to use the company network for wifi calling.

Any suggestions on things I can try?

Thanks,

Don

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling on corporate network
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you can use the Wi-Fi calling feature no matter what network you are hooked to, dpd7290. Is your iPhone 6s completely up to date on the latest software version? Just to confirm, you can use the Wi-Fi calling feature at home with no issues, correct? 

Joey_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dpd7290

Hi,

I am using IOS 12.0.1 and carrier 33.1. My wifi calling works at home with no issues.

Don

0 Likes
DANO3

I am having the exact same issue - Advnace calling works everywhere EXCEPT on my corporate network. It had been working seemlessly for months, then about two weeks ago it stopped working at work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DANO3,

I'm sorry to hear that your corporate network is giving you troubles when trying to use Advanced Calling. It's a great feature and it's essential to make sure you can make calls the way you want to while at work. Let's get you set up for success. Since your device is working as intended on other networks, the best route to take will be going through your corporate network administrator or Internet Service Provider (ISP) to assist with this issue. If your device couldn't connect to any network for Advanced Calling, we'd definitely want to troubleshoot in more detail on the device end, but since this is isolated only to your work WiFi connection, I'm certain that your network point of contact will be able to assist with the matter.

Does this help clear up the details?

Ryan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes