Why is the deductible so high on an iphone??? 199 is riduclous
allyssab

Last week my phone got wet. Contacted Verizon and they sent me to Asurion and come to find out my phone could be easily replaced but for $199!!!!!!!! WOW. That is ridiculous. And on top of that I'm not receiving a new phone, I'm receiving a refurbished phone. That is just insane to me. Don't ever get insurance because it is a waste of money and very frustrating. Now I'm stuck with an old phone and not due for an upgrade until next year. Great.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is the deductible so high on an iphone??? 199 is riduclous
Weth
Legend

This was nothing hidden from you and is clearly spelled out inthe info and FAQ of the insurance program.   In most cases it is better to self insure with terrible terms as you get from Asurion. 

rcschnoor
Legend

If you are unhappy with the terms of the insurance, possibly you should cancel it as soon as you receive your replacement phone.

allyssab

oh yea.. most definitely canceling after I get my replacement

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The cost/deductible is the major reason why I never get the insurance. That and the fact I have only had to replace a phone due to damage once in 20+ years on 4 lines.

clg92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Getting your phone "wet" unfortunately is never covered under any of the insurance plans. If they can tell your phone has been water logged at all they can't do much. My advice carefully read the terms of the insurance plans and what it  covers to see if it benefits you. I personally buy into Apple care because it benefits me.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

chelschelslynn wrote:

Getting your phone "wet" unfortunately is never covered under any of the insurance plans.

That is incorrect. Most insurance plans cover getting the phone "wet". Assurion additionally covers for loss/theft while AppleCare does not.

Loquat
Master - Level 1

A refurb phone may not be what you want...and $199 may seem like a lot...but I can assure you that the cost of replacing a iPhone isn't cheap...you're looking at upwards of $649 for a new device without a contract upgrade.  You can search eBay or swappa and maybe find a used one a little cheaper but I'd guess not by very much...

0 Likes