Why don't all the texts & calls show up under view usage
Tiawanda
Enthusiast - Level 1

One of the phones on my account has usage controls.  On this phone I am looking at the actual texts in my hand right now from days ago and there is no history of them on the VIEW USAGE page in MY VERIZON.  Why is this?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why don't all the texts & calls show up under view usage
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the text messages aren't listed on your MyVerizon account in the usage history, but they are viewable on the device then the phone is setup to use imessage. These imessages are sent over the data network and are not counted as text messages. If you need all the text type messages to count as text messages then you should turn off imessage.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is this phone an iphone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Tiawanda
Enthusiast - Level 1
Yes. It's a 16gb 4
0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the text messages aren't listed on your MyVerizon account in the usage history, but they are viewable on the device then the phone is setup to use imessage. These imessages are sent over the data network and are not counted as text messages. If you need all the text type messages to count as text messages then you should turn off imessage.

0 Likes