Why does signal constantly alternate between 'no service', '1x', '3g', but never LTE?
mattdodds

Two weeks ago I was a happy iPhone owner enjoying my Verizon service. No issues at all.

However, now I cannot manage to keep LTE signal. Sometimes it's stuck on "searching..." for an entire day, sometimes it will be "1x" and other times it will be "3g" and without changing locations those will all three show up in the span of a minute.

Usually I can restart a couple times and get it back for an hour or two, but it always ends up reverting to this "no service" status.

It's been intensely frustrating. I've tried resetting network settings, I've tried a hard reboot, I've tried going to the verizon store and having the SIM card replaced. Nothing works, I even factory reset it today and the issue still persists. My wife has the exact same phone on the exact same iOS version with no issues.

It's very disappointing because I pay more for Verizon service because of the awesome coverage, and yet I'm dropping calls and losing signal constantly every 5 minutes!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does signal constantly alternate between 'no service', '1x', '3g', but never LTE?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mattdodds, Let’s get a steady LTE for you. What model iPhone do you have? Do you have data roaming active? Had you installed any software updates or applications about the time this started?
JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does signal constantly alternate between 'no service', '1x', '3g', but never LTE?
mattdodds

I have the iPhone 6. iOS v9.2.1 (latest).

I had recently upgraded iOS about the time this started occurring.

After factory resetting my iPhone I purposefully did not install many apps. I installed instagram and twitter, that's it.

0 Likes
mattdodds

Also I did enable data roaming which also didn't fix it.

0 Likes
mattdodds

Is anyone answering?

0 Likes
mattdodds

Verizon Wireless Customer Support

Any word on this?

0 Likes
Alix24

I hope someone can figure this out the same things exactly is happening to me and my husband works out of town and this is our only communication and he doesn't have an iPhone so I can't send him iMessages or anything

0 Likes
mattdodds

Alix24 Here is something I've been looking at recently, seems to describe the issue we are having.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7254369?tstart=0

0 Likes
mattdodds

Another somewhat relevant but more recent post on this: IPhone 6  IOS 9.2.1 No Service - regularly... | Apple Support Communities

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You may not be getting answers because their may not be many of us experiencing this. I have not had this issue on either of the iPhones in my house so I really can't offer anything but speculation. The usual suggestions are reset network settings, make sure your SIM card isn't bad...rule out a service issue in your area by seeing if any other Verizon users in your area are having the same issues...restart/reset/restore your device...troubleshoot with Verizon and/or Apple. But if none of those have helped you out I'm not sure what could be going on. If you have an Apple Store in your area you can take it to them so they can see the issue occur...they may do a warranty replacement to see if that helps (but if it's not the device and is a network issue then it won't work). I know saying none of this is helpful if you've tried all of it and still have the issue...it could be an issue that is tied to the latest iOS update (I updated and didn't have the issue occur so I imagine it's not a universal bug) then the only fix may be to wait for the next update (iOS 9.3 should be coming soon according to Apple's website but it doesn't specify when "soon" is).

0 Likes