Why does my new iPhone 6s get lousy reception compared to the iPhone 4s? Can I fix this?
getravels

I have a new 6s, and now have lousy reception in my home office.  I could update roaming on the 4s - is there something similar for the 6s?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my new iPhone 6s get lousy reception compared to the iPhone 4s? Can I fix this?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you are getting the best reception possible getravels. A great way to ensure you are getting the best signal with your phone is by enabling HD voice. Click here for steps to activate this with your phone: http://spr.ly/6583BxWO5.

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does my new iPhone 6s get lousy reception compared to the iPhone 4s? Can I fix this?
getravels

Actually, it makes it worse.  I have to turn it OFF in my office in order to get 3 bars now.  With it ON, i only get two bars.  Thus my confusion over why this phone has worst reception than my 4S.

0 Likes
getravels

I actually find that it is worse - I have to turn OFF LTE when I am home, which gives me a small bump in service to 3 bars from 2.  On my 4S, I had 4 bars.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

getravels, I know I would share the same concern you are expressing with regards to service. I have some more details to help ease your concerns about this, as well as additional tips that can help with your reception.

The biggest thing to keep in mind is that your older 4s model worked only through 3G service. Your 6s is displaying service for 4G LTE reception versus 3G. The differences you are seeing are normal. With that said, your two bars of service will likely be much faster in speed versus the four bars of service you were used to with your 4s. Are you experiencing slow speeds while inside your office? Does the reception improve once you are outdoors if it is affected?

One tip that I can provide is to access Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Roaming > Voice should be set to ON. Is Data Roaming set to OFF or ON? If it is set to OFF, please swich this option to ON, and then restart your phone by holding down Power and Home simultaneously for about six seconds. This should shut down your phone automatically. If it does not power on right away, please turn it on like normal. Let us know if you notice a difference with reception or your data access speeds. If HD Voice is enabled again, you may also notice a difference with call quality.

Keep in mind you are able to toggle these options as you may need to. Different areas may see improvement with these toggles set to ON or OFF. Mileage can definitely vary from one area to another.

Please keep us posted, getravels.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes