Why do my messages from my iPhone 6 come from an email address instead of my phone number? I've tried adjusting the settings but it's still happening.
LaceyMills

I've tried changing the settings under messages (deselecting all email addresses) but after I do that, it won't let the text go through at all. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do my messages from my iPhone 6 come from an email address instead of my phone number?  I've tried adjusting the settings but it's still happening.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaceyMills I am sorry to hear of the trouble you are having getting messages on your iPhone 6. How long has this been going on? Have you recently changed from another phone? If so, what model was the old phone and is the old phone still turned on? Thanks in advance for your cooperation! I am sure we can get to the bottom of this.

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Re: Why do my messages from my iPhone 6 come from an email address instead of my phone number? I've tried adjusting the settings but it's still happening.
LaceyMills

Hello. It just started happening within the last week. No changes on the phone. I've had my iPhone 6 for about 2 months and my old phone is turned off.

0 Likes
Re: Why do my messages from my iPhone 6 come from an email address instead of my phone number?  I've tried adjusting the settings but it's still happening.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LaceyMills thanks for the information. Are these iMessages only or are you having the same trouble with your text messages too? Have you tried disabling iMessages http://vz.to/1FXwpuP on your phone since this has been happening? lets give that a try and see if you are able to receive them on the phone as regular text messages. Thanks in advance for the cooperation!

BryanS_VZW
Follow us at Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes