Why do incoming calls keep showing 'unknown name?'
ANNHOU6
Enthusiast - Level 1

Caller ID was added to my phone had collar ID removed and still every thing that comes across my phone still says unknown name any suggestions

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Caller id
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless the optional service is ordered, the only time you will see a name displayed is if the received telephone number matches an entry in your contact list.

One more question....are you receiving the telephone numbers of your incoming callers? If you are, then everything is fine.

If you are not receiving any of the incoming telephone numbers, then a call to Verizon Wireless customer service is in order.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

For clarification...you ordered the optional Caller ID service from Verizon Wireless that passes the name of the caller in addition to the calling party number and you are still seeing the number only after VZW has confirmed that the service is added to your telephone number?

0 Likes
ANNHOU6
Enthusiast - Level 1

No they added caller ID to my phone before I was able to get the phone number now all that comes across my phone is unknown name I asked that it be removed and still getting just unknown name after resetting my phone

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless the optional service is ordered, the only time you will see a name displayed is if the received telephone number matches an entry in your contact list.

One more question....are you receiving the telephone numbers of your incoming callers? If you are, then everything is fine.

If you are not receiving any of the incoming telephone numbers, then a call to Verizon Wireless customer service is in order.

0 Likes
CIVYLEE12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im having this same issue. When I got my phone, it was fine. It would show up as the number calling even if I didn't have them saved in my contacts. Now, after the free trial of Verizon caller id that I never really even wanted, my phone only says unknown caller if I do not have them saved. This is the most ridiculous thing ever. Do I have to pay just to see a number? Because if that's the case I'll switch to a different company. How can I have it one day and then it be taken away after a free trial? That makes no sense... If anyone finds a solution to this please let me know.

dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

You should see the number. What you won't see is the name, unless, you manually add them to your contact list, or, subscribe to the program for 24/7 name display

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CIVYLEE12, I've sent you a private message. Please respond at your convenience.

JosephT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Talldend48
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue as CIVYLEE12. motoz Z3. Please advise

0 Likes
Talldend48
Enthusiast - Level 2
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I agree that your phone should at least show the incoming numbers. When was the last time those came through on calls?

When logged into My Verizon, use this link below: https://myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com/myv/productsapps/
Click where it states "Manage Your Products/ Modify, Remove And Support"
Does you line subscribe to the free version of the app titled Call Filter, Call Filter Plus, or neither?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes