Why do I lose service when I open navigation apps constantly??
HGBBLA32

I have an iPhone 6s and until mid-December my service has been great. Since then whenever I open Google Maps or Apple Maps I instantly get a No Service response after I input my location. The service is restored once I close the apps and wait a minute or two. I live in downtown Indianapolis which is very well covered. Why does this keep happening and only when I open navigation apps and no other apps.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I lose service when I open navigation apps constantly??
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HGBBLA32

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your service. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved. Does this issue happen at a specific location within Indianapolis or everywhere you go (greater than a 5-mile radius?) Around the time this started did anything change or happen to your phone, e.g., software update, installation of a new app, damaged phone, etc.? Do any other Verizon customer have this issue to your knowledge? Is your phone and all of the apps installed up to date on their software?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the  Correct Answer  button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes