Why do I have to turn off my wifi sometimes to send a text? If not I get ! (in a red circle) an "Not Delivered"
jackvh
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why do I have to turn off my wifi sometimes to send a text? If not I get ! (in a red circle) an "Not Delivered"

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why do I have to turn off my wifi sometimes to send a text? If not I get ! (in a red circle) an "Not Delivered"
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Are you sending a large text or picture? Does it get switched from an SMS to a MMS? If so, that is why. I don't believe you can send MMS over Wi-Fi.

0 Likes
Re: Why do I have to turn off my wifi sometimes to send a text? If not I get ! (in a red circle) an "Not Delivered"
jackvh
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens even if I send a one word text. yes/no.. I tried w/ sms turned off doesn't help. Only works if I turn off wifi

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Can you confirm your router is actively working when you hit send? Open the browser and do a search etc?

0 Likes
jackvh
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes router is working, Everything on the phone is ok. No problems sending e-mails. Only problem is w/ the texting?

Thank you!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can't thank you enough for these details! We certainly want to get this resolved. When did this begin? Is Send as SMS on in Settings > Messages?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

I have this issue at times. It may help to Reset Network Settings.

Reset Network Settings     Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards.

0 Likes
jackvh
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried that several times & it didn't fix the issue. Thanks anyway!

0 Likes
jackvh
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was happening occasionally when I first got the phone around 12/14.Now it's happening a lot. I did follow you on twitter last week when I posted this issue which I also posted on your wall & so far no reply.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jackvh,

This is quite the message mystery. Let’s make sure we get this resolved as quickly as possible. What iPhone model do you have? Do you have the most up to date software? Also, are you receiving this error when you send a text to one specific person or to anyone?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes