Why do I have to pay for this issue to be fixed if it's Apple's design error?
AuntieQ18

Why do I have to pay for this issue to be fixed if it's Apple's design error?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Touch disease
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As mentioned, the "disease" occurs to phones that have been dropped so it's not a design flaw but more of a problem that happens after an action occurs enough to trigger it. Those that don't have significant enough drops to trigger it (and drops are not something your phone is designed to withstand anyway) don't see the "disease" occur on their devices. Apple is choosing to extend a fix that is cheaper than paying their out of warranty repair price ($329 I believe). Have to look at the positives of this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

It has been revealed that Touch Disease is brought on by people dropping their iPhones, and thusly Apple has instituted the repair charge. If an iPhone's screen is cracked/damaged, that will need to be resolved first.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

As mentioned, the "disease" occurs to phones that have been dropped so it's not a design flaw but more of a problem that happens after an action occurs enough to trigger it. Those that don't have significant enough drops to trigger it (and drops are not something your phone is designed to withstand anyway) don't see the "disease" occur on their devices. Apple is choosing to extend a fix that is cheaper than paying their out of warranty repair price ($329 I believe). Have to look at the positives of this.

0 Likes