Re: What's going on with iMessage on Verizon's network?
MaximusMMIV
Enthusiast - Level 2

From what I can tell, it appears that the issue is more with delivery picture/video iMessages to Verizon iPhones regardless of what network they are sent from. The issue is spreading. I know of a few more family members (who aren't on my plan) that are experiencing it now (i.e. they cannot receive picture/video iMessages).

@LindsayT

I will send a message within the next few minutes.

@Sheritah

Clearly you did not actually read my post.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for this information, Kawboy. Out of curiosity, does this issue still occur even if you have the Send as SMS option enabled on both devices? Settings>Messages>iMessages (Must be on) >Send as SMS?

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Kawboy718
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just confirmed that both are set to SMS and issues still occurs.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
MaximusMMIV
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support, I am unable to send personal messages to you to further troubleshoot this issue. I receive an error that states "You can only send messages to your Friends / Connections (people following you). You must remove users marked with an exclamation point before your message can be sent."

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Verizon Wireless Customer Support is a generic unmonitored catch-all username which all Verizon agents on here log in to post. To contact the CS agent which responded to you, you must first search for their username by entering in the name at the end of the individual posts. You then must send a follow request to that specific CS agent. Your follow request must be accepted by the CS agent and they must also send you a follow request which you must accept. After all that has been done, you would be able to send/receive personal messages to/from that CS agent.

From looking at your previous messages, I assume you are trying to contact lindseyt_vzw Simply hover your cursor over their profile link I have included and select "Follow" on the dialogue box which pops up. You must then wait for your request to be accepted and to receive one from the CS agent to approve.

MaximusMMIV
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you!

0 Likes
Kawboy718
Enthusiast - Level 2

The problem was actually on my end ( receiving ) and not my wife's ( sending ), even though it appeared to be on her end.

I tried this on my phone and it resolved the problem:

>Settings>Messages> and disable everything

Power down and power up the device

>Settings>Messages> and re-enable iMessage, MMS Messaging, and any other preferred settings.

Test and good luck...

MaximusMMIV
Enthusiast - Level 2

Kawboy718, this worked like a charm. Great troubleshooting. So all along, the issue was actually MY iMessage, not hers.

Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Kawboy718
Enthusiast - Level 2

Very welcome. Glad it worked for you too. =}

0 Likes
AKaplan

Hi I just tried all of the solutions available on this feed as I am having the same problem currently and none of them work. Any suggestions?

0 Likes