What are these unexplained numbers on our text and call logs?
whodat81
Enthusiast - Level 1

can someone explain why i have incoming calls from 999-999-9999  each call was 1-30 min and i never missed there call or recieved it???? On my other line that my wife uses There are other numbers such as 000-002-2383 as incoming and outgoing text. can someone help explain??

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Unexplained numbers on text and call logs??
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the 999-999-9999 listed calls are all recent (within 24-48 hours) it may just be that the actual number has not resolved - and it will show up later.  It may also be where the call recipient has blocked their caller ID from showing, so the number is not viewable.  Just guesses, but explanations I have heard for seeing this on call logs.

As far as the numbers on your wife's text log, those are shortcodes, and could be text notifications from an app or service she has signed up for.  32665 is FBOOK, Facebook notifications. 40404 is Twitter. 22383 may be a local store coupon program, or local radio station alerts.... what do the texts say that come in from that number?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I didn't run through all of this thread and it's a number of years old:

999-999-9999

You can do a quick google search of it as well, everyone has their guess as to the reason, though I don't know that anyone has ever been sure.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is very weird whodat81. Let’s investigate this. When did this start? Does the phone even ring or you are just seeing this in your missed call log?
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the 999-999-9999 listed calls are all recent (within 24-48 hours) it may just be that the actual number has not resolved - and it will show up later.  It may also be where the call recipient has blocked their caller ID from showing, so the number is not viewable.  Just guesses, but explanations I have heard for seeing this on call logs.

As far as the numbers on your wife's text log, those are shortcodes, and could be text notifications from an app or service she has signed up for.  32665 is FBOOK, Facebook notifications. 40404 is Twitter. 22383 may be a local store coupon program, or local radio station alerts.... what do the texts say that come in from that number?

0 Likes
mt84

We have the 999 999 9999 listed on our bill from 2/14 for 41 minutes!  No call was taken or made for that amount of time that we can remember. Are we charged for this amount of usage?

0 Likes
Pauline1288
Enthusiast - Level 1

My husband texted to a 999-999-9999 number. Who is this?  I called Verizon and. I help. Who could he be texting. Someone who he has blocked their number,ber?  Please help.