WIFI calling is terrible on our Iphones...help!
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

We turn on airplane mode, turn on WiFi, turn off WiFi assist, and we still drop calls ALL the time or either the other party cant hear me or I cant hear them, only one or the other at one time.

We are in a neighborhood surrounded by perfect, 4 bar reception, not 1000 feet away, but where we are it is almost nothing.

Bought the VERIZON EXTENDER for over $250 and it works 15% of the time, the rest of the time cant make or receive calls.  Factory reset it a dozen times.  Do not want to spend that much again to find out that is how they work.

Sure wish we could get help.

0 Likes
Re: WIFI calling is terrible on our Iphones...help!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

randys12

Oh no, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with your service. I know how I depend on my phone for just about everything. I'm more than happy to take a deeper look into this to see if we can pinpoint what's going on, this way it can be resolved quickly. 

Where are you located? Since you mentioned using Wi-fi calling, I assume this is inside your home or indoors correct? Do other users have this same experience when visiting your location? Also, as Wi-Fi calling relies on the quality of your network (your Wi-fi), have you tried restarting your modem or ensure you are getting the speeds needed from your ISP?

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Thanks for responding.

This is our house, we are in a dead zone and we are in a city, surrounded by perfect signals but for some reason our 3 block area is dead.  Others do have this problem as far as I know, both of our X and XR Iphones do the same thing.

Xfinity internet, speeds 600 mbps down over 18 mbps up...can stand right next to the Xfinity Gateway modem router and still drops or does the loss of voice on one end or the other.

Restarted modem 50-60 times over the past year.  

0 Likes
randys12
Contributor - Level 1

Hello?

see answer...

0 Likes