Voicemail won't delete
JOATAT68

I can seem to delete any voicemails. Every time I do, they just come back!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Voicemail won't delete
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JOATAT68, I am sorry you are having issues with deleting your voicemails. Can you provide me with what model iPhone you have? What steps do you take to delete your voicemail? How are you accessing your voice mail? When did this start?

JustinB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
JOATAT68

I have an iPhone 7. I delete my voicemail by either swiping to the left or mark the voicemails to delete and hitting the delete all.As soon as I get them deleted, they come right back.

I did not have trouble until the last update!

I now have to access my voicemail by holding down the #1 button and put in my password.

JOATAT68, I am sorry you are having issues with deleting your voicemails. Can you provide me with what model iPhone you have? What steps do you take to delete your voicemail? How are you accessing your voice mail? When did this start?

JustinB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lisa8354
Enthusiast - Level 1

I read on another thread that this will work . . . it did for me!  Go to Settings, turn off Wifi, put in Airplane Mode.  Go to voicemail you want to delete, either swipe left and delete or use the edit on the screen to delete multiple, once that is done, go back to Settings, turn off Airplane Mode and turn back on Wifi.

CMTIRION
Enthusiast - Level 1

This worked!  Thank you so very much.  I tried it in Airplane mode only and that failed.  Turning off wifi and then airplane mode does the trick!

Medenfield
Enthusiast - Level 1

The turning off wifi and turning on airplane mode worked for me and they all deleted but as soon as I turned those settings back, all of the voicemails popped back in. A lot of them area also duplicates. How do I fix this??

Medenfield
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue for months now, I have Iphone X. They won't delete, they pop right back in. Many of them are duplicates also. I tried the person's suggestion of turning off wifi and turning on airplane mode to delete and that worked but as soon as I put those settings back, all those deleted vm's came right back.

bidnduck
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just tried the fix and it worked for me on my Iphone XR

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Melinda, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue. You mentioned that you deleted those voicemail messages. Did you delete the deleted messages in the voicemail inbox? You will need to tap the phone icon>tap voicemail>tap Deleted Messages>Select Clear All. I trust that these steps will work for you. For more information regarding Visual Voicemail, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/visual-voice-mail-faqs/

LasinaJ_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ace2343

I don't mind deleting the duplicate voicemails but I want to be ensured that the original voicemails won't be deleted!!! Does anybody know?

0 Likes