Very bad reception
somserv

Reception on verizon iPhones became really bad recently.

Before I use to have signal everywhere.  Now I barely get 1 bar or just (1x) displaying on the phones when we are at home. It does not matter if we are inside or outside. The internet is even worse! Unless we are on the wifi takes an eternity to load a page.

I called verizon and they said the only option would be buy an extender. I really don't think is fair that we pay our (not cheap) monthly fee to get services and also have to pay for an extender in order to be able to receive or make call on the cell phone when we are home.

By the way this is affecting our 3 iPhones 5s and the iPad Air.

we are seriously considering switch for a different company, since they are even willing the pay the early termination fee up to $350.00 per phone.

Any sugestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Very bad reception
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Rafinha,

We definitely would not want to see you leave! Let's find out what is going on! What zip code are you in? Have you tried resetting the network on your devices? (Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings) Do other model devices have the same issue, or is it just your Apple products? I definitely want to help find a solution that will work, especially since this seems to be a recent issue.

SandyS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
somserv

I Already did this couple of times already. Besides, this problem is not only with my phone but also my husband's and son's.

i Even got a network extender and after proper installation says that we have full bar service, but we still with the droped calls problem.

can you give me an explanation for this?

0 Likes
somserv

I Already did this couple of times already. Nothing better.

also, the problem is not only on my phone but also on my husband and son's.

i Even got a extender installed which gives me a full bar signal strengh, but the dropped calls have not stopped.

any suggestion?

0 Likes
jtcommtech
Enthusiast - Level 3

Rafinha, did you upgrade your iPhone software to iOS 8? The cellular problems you are having are almost certainly related to iOS 8 issues if you upgraded. Make certain, if you did upgrade, that you are upgraded to 8.0.2 since this release deals with cellular issues specifically as well as other glitches. Let us know.

0 Likes
somserv

I did upgrade for the 8.0.2 and even seeing  on the phone that I have 3 or 4 bars of signal strentgh I still experiencing "drop call" problem.

Looks like I've done everything possible! Any other suggestions?

I really don't want to have to leave Verizon, but on the other hand I cannot keep a phone that is always down when I need it most!

Thanks,

0 Likes
numb5kul11

If you have it, try disabling Voice LTE...set it to Data only.  I was having the exact same issues, and this has resolved it.  Not a reasonable fix and Verizon needs to address it, but at least the phone is functional.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
WillGH

I just got a new phone due to Verizon telling me my 3g phone was the reason I did not have good service in my house I had to go down my drive way to use the phone now that I have a 4g phone I still have the same problem I called and complained about it and Verizon  confirmed I am in a bad are but did not offer me any solution all they told me is I had to buy a phone booster. why do I need to buy it? that should not be my problem. so they told me I can just change providers. I said what.. so you are telling me you rather loose me as a customer paying for a phone on a 2 year contract adding up to $1920 then loose the price of the booster at $270. what sense does that make. is this how you treat loyal customers . I been her for a while. and you just tell me to go with someone else. wow. I am giving Verizon 2 more weeks to fix this or I will leave them.

you Army combat Veteran.

0 Likes
somserv

Hi,

I have tried everything. From reset network up to reset the whole entire phone.

Still having the same problem.

I don't know about other phones because all my phones are apple.

0 Likes
somserv

Hi right now I still have problems where I live, bit at least when I am inside the house I am ok. They told me the same thing at first, then I got in touch via email with the  (Verizon Wireless Executive Relations <cersNEExecutiveRelations@VerizonWireless.com>.

They sent me a booster signal for free.

Hope you the best!

0 Likes