Verizon trade-in nightmare
ltrogdon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon offered an iPhone 12 trade-in pre-sale promotion of $440 for your existing phone, divided into a 24-month bill deduction.  So, we decided to trade in two of our phones.  Both phones qualified for the $440 trade-in.  We ordered two iPhone 12s.  They both came on the same day.  We returned our trade-in phones that afternoon, using two separate return boxes with UPS labels.  We tracked the boxes, and they both showed up at the Verizon return office at the same day/time.  My phone was examined and approved for the $440 credit within four days.  My wife's phone has never been approved/disapproved.

This was six weeks ago.  I have chatted/talked with at least six Verizon agents since then.  They affirm that the phone was received, based on the UPS documentation.  I worked with each agent at least an hour, some longer, attempting to resolve the issue.  At least four agents "gave me their word" that the issue had been resolved, that I would see the credit on my next bill.  Well, guess what, I still haven't seen the credit.  It's now being "investigated" to see what happened to the trade-in phone.  If you haven't found it in five weeks, what makes you think you will find it in one more week?

This is really simple.  Either give me the $440 credit for the trade-in phone, which was in very good condition, or return my trade-in phone to me.  Oh, that's right, you can't return my trade-in phone because you lost it!

It felt good to vent on a community forum.  We have been Verizon customers for over twenty-five years.  My takeaway from this is that none of the agents that I have talked to/chatted with have very little authority to resolve any issues that a customer has.

Re: Verizon trade-in nightmare
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ltrogdon, We know the importance of ensuring you receive your expected Trade In promotion. Our sincere apologies that the device has not ben found. I have sent you a Private Message. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
ltrogdon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I don't see a private message that I haven't opened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

My apologies, Itrogdon! We know how important it is to resolve your concerns, and we want to help. I will be sending another message, so we can continue working to get this taken care of. 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
Elmoreac

I’m having the same issue. Sent my phone to them in November...it’s January 24 and I’m still trying to get my credit. Have you received yours yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is essential that we sort out what is happening with the trade-in, Elmoreac. Since we will need access to non-public details, we have sent you a Private Note to continue.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Scrigger718

Same issue. I traded my Note 9 in for a Note 20 Ultra and was to get a $400 trade in promo but now they're saying I'll get $150 and they can't find that promo in their system. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's get to the bottom of this and make sure that everything is correct regarding this promotion.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
bhse26
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here, 3 new phones, one got credited with the trade-in... the other two not even after 3 months and at least 10 calls totaling 15-20 hours. Each time the rep promises that they will have it taken care of... then a week or two goes by... nothing. I call back, explain it all over again... nothing... and so on. While each rep is friendly and understanding, it is inconceivable that no one can actually fix this. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a lot of time to spend, bhse26. I'm sorry for the amount of time it's taken and the number of phone calls. I know the importance of needing to have the trade-in credit that you need. We do want to find a fix to this. I'm going to send you a Private Note. Please respond to that note for me. KevinR_VZW 

0 Likes