Verizon not honoring BYOD $300 rebate
kkw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a verizon customer for 15 years. I encouraged a family member to switch to Verizon because of the above mentioned rebate. Now they say they can't find it. Not that I didn't qualify for it. I've spent over 8 hours on hold, virtual, direct on the phone, with customer service, with the rebate center and nobody can help and just sends me to someone else. This is the worst customer service I've ever experienced. I can't wait to switch to another carrier at this point. Verizon terrible!!!!!!

Re: Verizon not honoring BYOD $300 rebate
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Woah! This isn't the way we'd want you to feel after working with us. We value your 15 years of loyalty, and would never want to lose you! I understand you switched a family member over to the VZW network, and you've not received your rebate. You mentioned we can't find it. To confirm, was your rebate submission completed here: http://spr.ly/6600HEriu ? Did you port this number in?

KiaH_VZW

0 Likes
kkw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes number was ported in. My whole response was not printed. I guess Verizon doesn’t want the real answer.

0 Likes
kkw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

There were many problems going on with the switch. We had an appt to get the new sim card but the store employee was more interested in going home. Told us to wait for it to come in the mail. On hold for hours and switched to different departments, customer service, rebate center, on line chat. Spent 5 hours one sunday trying to deal with all of this. I was told it would get fixed and I would get an email. Nothing!!!! I submitted the rebate info a few different times due to sim card issue. The rebate was valid but somehow it got mixed up. I pay Verizon over $500 a month for my service and now they wont honor my $300 rebate visa card. That was the only reason i added the new line.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to take a look at this with you. Is your Family Member on your account, or on a separate account?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely understand your frustrations with this matter. Please send us a Private Note for assistance. 

0 Likes
kkw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

The family member joined my account so I ported a new line in. The only reason was because of the rebate. Something got messed up and the rebate didn't register. I was then assured that it would be honored and that a correction was to be pushed through. I was promised return phone calls, return emails and the problem would be solved. Well it hasn't been. I even sent a paper letter of complaint to Verizon customer service. Nothing has been fixed. This was a simple fix and it was supposed to get done but nobody fixed it and I'm left with nothing after almost 15 years of being a customer. I spent many hours on hold and re explaining everything. They said it was all noted and it would be expedited.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want you to get the promotions you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. We need to take a look at your account to do that. That can only be done in private. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
kkw2
Enthusiast - Level 2

How does one send a private note???

0 Likes
anilchawla82
Enthusiast - Level 2

Phone call service and hold time is too too bad.  I had to hold for 1.5 hours with bad music... , then transferred to supervisor with further music going on... and total time spent 2.5 hours.  Supervisor hung up once I asked her name. Price offered to me was $105 (via email and chat) for three lines of phones, but it changed to  $189 with no reasons.  Matter is still unresolved.   Each rep over chat gives different prices. No correlation of one rep with another.  Control and command channel ion communication s totally broken and one rep has no access to other rep.s comments.  Too horrible.