Using 2 sim cards (with seperate MTNs) on the one verizon account (iPhone 6)
zippyk

I would like to port my Google Voice number over to my iPhone 6, but wish to keep my old phone number active for a month or two. The problem is that once I port my Google number into my existing iPhone, the old number will be out of service immediately without having calls forwarded to the new number. I'm trying to find a work around for this issue and would like to know if I can activate a new line (i.e. different MTN & sim card) on my family plan using my already active iPhone 6. My thought is that I would then be able to forward my old number to my new number, then exchange the sim cards and have both lines ring to my iPhone. I don't mind paying the extra $10 per month in order to keep the number for a couple of months. Does anyone know if this can be done?

Thanks for the help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Using 2 sim cards (with seperate MTNs) on the one verizon account (iPhone 6)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring you know your options is very important zippyk. I regret to inform that we are unable to program two different mobile numbers on one SIM card. When you port over a mobile number it will replace the exsisting number immediately. Have you verified the Google phone number can be ported over? To verify your Google number is eligible to port in click, http://bit.ly/qDhvBY If the number is eligible to port in, you may activate two lines on your account. One line using your iPhone 6 and current number. However, the second line with the Google number would also need a seperate phone.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Using 2 sim cards (with seperate MTNs) on the one verizon account (iPhone 6)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ensuring you know your options is very important zippyk. I regret to inform that we are unable to program two different mobile numbers on one SIM card. When you port over a mobile number it will replace the exsisting number immediately. Have you verified the Google phone number can be ported over? To verify your Google number is eligible to port in click, http://bit.ly/qDhvBY If the number is eligible to port in, you may activate two lines on your account. One line using your iPhone 6 and current number. However, the second line with the Google number would also need a seperate phone.

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes