Upgrading and Messages
buggaboosmommy

I just upgraded my phone and three Verizon reps told me my messages would transfer. I had messages from my dad, who passed away. Now, none of his messages are on the new phone. What can I do??

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading and Messages
Weth
Legend

They are probably lost. We hear this on these forums not infrequently. Best advice to anyone reading through this, if you have something important or cherished on voice mail, or really any cloud service, make a backup copy or recording of it and store it someone else also. Always have at least 2 copies of anything that falls into the important/cherished category whether it is voice recordings, digital photographs, videos, email, etc etc. Good rule of thumb is one copy local (in your home) and 1 copy in the cloud somewhere. With how cheap cloud storage is these days (in many cases free), it makes sense to have at least 2 copies in the cloud in case one cloud service closes up or has data corruption.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Was you previous phone backed up? (iCloud)

did you restore from that back up when activating the new iPhone?

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Was your previous device an iPhone? If not, unfortunately your voicemails are lost if you didn't use a service to save them prior to upgrading. If you had an iPhone previously they still may be around if you have a backup of that device in iTunes or in iCloud.

Weth
Legend

They are probably lost. We hear this on these forums not infrequently. Best advice to anyone reading through this, if you have something important or cherished on voice mail, or really any cloud service, make a backup copy or recording of it and store it someone else also. Always have at least 2 copies of anything that falls into the important/cherished category whether it is voice recordings, digital photographs, videos, email, etc etc. Good rule of thumb is one copy local (in your home) and 1 copy in the cloud somewhere. With how cheap cloud storage is these days (in many cases free), it makes sense to have at least 2 copies in the cloud in case one cloud service closes up or has data corruption.

0 Likes