Unable to Send MMS to Non-iPhones (Without iMessage)
gs_petrou

Hello, I have an issue with iPhone 5 running iOS 8.1.2 (newest Verizon Firmware, 18.0) where I can iMessage single people and group iMessage them, I can also send an SMS to one person at a time BUT when I group MMS mutliple people, (group messaging without iMessage pretty much) the messages always fail to send and I do not receive them either.

Before the Verizon staff give me the same garbage they tell everyone this is what I have already tried:

1. I've followed this and this guide.

2. I restored my phone twice.

3. Read over pretty much every discussion on this and Apple's forum.

4. YES I MADE SURE SMS AND MMS WAS ENABLED FFS!

5. No their numbers are blocked, it happens to any MMS.

6. Rebooted my Phone (holding power and home buttons).

Does anyone have something new I could try?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to Send MMS to Non-iPhones (Without iMessage)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gs_petrou,

I'm saddened to hear that you can't send a mms to non-iPhone users. Thank you for advising us of the steps that you've tried already. That helps us out greatly. I have a few questions. When did this start? Were you ever able to send a MMS to those people? Did it start after the software update? Please keep me posted.

VanetrisC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
gs_petrou

This has been going on for about a year, not due to a software update and before this issue I was able to send the mms messages. Thank you.

0 Likes
Ledsteplin
Contributor - Level 3

When you say, "Group MMS", do you mean sending photos or videos in a group message? That's what MMS is.

0 Likes