Re: Trouble Setting Up Voice Mail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your patience is greatly appreciated Jeswalk. Let's look into this voice mail issue a little deeper. Have you backed up your info to iTunes using a computer and the cable? If not then we encourage you to do this. After completing the backup, we will need to perform a restore on the iPhone 6 Plus using iTunes. When complete, we want to setup the iPhone as new. We do NOT want to restore your info until after we get the voice mail issue resolved. Once you have setup as new, please try to setup the visual voice mail and keep us posted.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jeswald

I backed up the phone,

Then I did a hard reset and went through the entire setup process,

Wifi is off.

Then I went to "Settings/Phone/Change Voicemail Password" --> This was successful

Then I went to the Phone App, and went to the voicemail tab, where it asked me for a voicemail password. I entered a numeric code, but the phone responded with a voice saying "Service is temprorarily not available. Please try again later." I continued and completed setup by selecting the standard greeting, and it seemed like it completed successfully - except for that one error.

However when I call from another phone I still get the message saying that this phone hasn't had voicemail set up.

So right now I'm sitting with a blank iPhone with no voicemail.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeswald,

That's certainly concerning. We want to make sure we get your voicemail back to working like it should. When you attempt to access your voicemail do you have data enabled on the phone? What happens when you try to access voicemail now?

AndrewT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jeswald

Each time I try to access it, it takes me through setup (select language then set password) and each time it fails when I set up password.

Cellular data is on. Wifi is still off.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

this appears to be a provisioning issue that may require you to call veirzon

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Appreciate all that you have tried, Jeswald. I definitely recommend reaching out to us as Tbo27 mentioned. This way we can look over your account provisioning. I recommend reaching out to our customer service teammates at 1-800-922-0204. If you haven't called in yet, we can send you a DM and assist from here.

Please let us know if all is good, or if you need assistance still. Thank you.

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes
SNel555

i had this issue as well. I fixed it by calling my own phone number and setting up my voicemail there.

0 Likes
sobithongie

Calling your own number definitely works!!  

0 Likes
schristodoss
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this same issue!! I tried every step detailed here already. Nothing has worked. 

No one in the chat support knows what to do and tells me to do what I’ve done over and over again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our team will do all we can to avoid repeat steps. Send us a Private Message, so we can look into the account more in depth with you.

*Eli

0 Likes