Trouble Setting Up Voice Mail
Jeswald

I got an iPhone 6+ in June but neglected to set up voicemail. Now I am unable to do so.

1. If I try to set up voicemail by calling *86, I get past the language selection. I am prompted to key in a password. When i key in a password and press # I get the following message: "Service is temporarily not available."

2. If I try to set up voicemail via the iPhone's phone app I get past entering and re-entering my voicemail password, then get a dialog which says "Voicemail Unavailable. Could not authorize access."

3. I have tried this with WiFi on and off.

Thanks in advance for your help.

J

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trouble Setting Up Voice Mail
tbo27
Master - Level 2

this appears to be a provisioning issue that may require you to call veirzon

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congrats on your new phone Jeswald! The voicemail is important to have. We don't want you to miss any important messages. Let's get this working for you. Thanks for all your efforts so far. Did you have an iPhone prior to this phone or did you have another type of phone? Are your calls, text, and data working with the phone? What zip code are you located in so we can make sure no voicemail issues for your area?

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jeswald

Did you have an iPhone prior to this phone or did you have another type of phone?

This is a new number.

Are your calls, text, and data working with the phone?

Calls, text and data are all working.

What zip code are you located in so we can make sure no voicemail issues for your area?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information here Jeswald. Glad to see all your other services are working well for you. I also checked the area and that is good as well. Have you tried restarting the phone by pressing both the power key and home keys together? A network reset should also get this working for you. Click here for the steps: http://spr.ly/6589B1g4X. Please try these steps here and let us know if this works for you. Thanks!

NicoleB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jeswald

Unfortunately, still a problem.

I both reset the network from within Settings/General (as described in the link) and power cycled the phone. Same results - I still can't set up voicemail.

In looking at other forum postings, in some cases there seemed to be a need to reset voicemail in some way on Verizon's end. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

J

0 Likes
Jeswald

Any additional suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the insight and all that you've done, Jeswald. Are you attempting to set up on Wi-Fi or through a data signal?
YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jeswald

I have tried both. I get the same problem with if I'm on WiFi or Cellular.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow, that voicemail really wants to make you work. Fortunately, there are absolutely more things that we can try. First, let's have you turn off wi-fi and then go to the settings and cellular to be sure that cellular data is on. Then, please dial *73 and send from the phone. You will either hear a brief message or tone and can then end that call. Once that is complete may I have you go to the Settings, Phone, select the Change Voicemail Password and then enter the password that you would like for your voicemail, reenter to confirm and tap Done. Now that we have done that, let's try that voicemail once again by going to the home screen, tapping the phone button and then the voicemail button. We will get this up and going for you.
LorenB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jeswald

Unfortunately, when I attempt to follow your instructions when I get to the " reenter to confirm and tap Done" I get an error message as shown in the screen capture ("Voicemail Unavailable. Could not authorize access".

I turned off Wifi, then dialed *73 and heard two beeps, then tried to update the password via the Settings screen as you described.Photo-1.jpg

0 Likes